Peter Jackson's First 3 Films..Coming Soon To Blu?!?!?

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

2. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I want Bad Taste on blu-ray so badly.

It was one of my inspirations to become a B-movie filmmaker and heavily inspired my unwatchable 2004 short "The Retarded Dead"

Come on make it happen somebody!

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

What ever happened to these special/ultimate editions Jackson was meant to be putting out for his films?

4. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I think he was too busy playing around in middle earth AGAIN.

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

So theyre probably never coming then considering the new complete set for Middle Earth isn't even complete is terms of special features (even 3D versions of the films aren't included) from what I've been reading. The fans are even rolling their eyes at the absurd price for that one.

6. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Take this with a grain of salt as it hasn't been officially confirmed by any true publication or source and only posted by someone on Facebook in one of the horror community groups, but apparently the restorations for BAD TASTE, MEET THE FEEBLES, and BRAINDEAD are in the finishing stages and will be ready by the end of the year. Someone looking to book the films for a screening contacted WingNut Films directly, and they responded to them with this:

"All Peter's early films are being cleaned up and digitally remastered at present. We don't know when they'll be ready is the bad bit. Try us in November/December!"

So that indicates they should be available for theatrical booking again at that point, but doesn't necessarily mean that's when the Blu-rays hit - but likely they'll be coming soon after so probably early 2019 we should see at least one if not all three being released, depending if they stagger them or not. Hopefully an official confirmation comes down the line sometime before then.

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Great news, and plausible. Although it seems like end of year may even be optimistic; that may only mean they'll have a better idea when in Nov/Dec. :(

Still I should sell my Braindead Blu-ray. I'm not using it and I might as well get something out of it now.

Zombie Dude likes this.