'Pigs' aka 'Daddy's Deadly Darling' DVD

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by gunner, May 4, 2005.

1. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

Wow! Totally missed this release..."Pa-pa Bear Tell Me Whoo Doo You Seeeee"!!!! Troma or not, great artwork!!

[​IMG]

2. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Damn that does look right up my alley. OINK!

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Oh man, I missed this too. You know, I hate Troma, but they're dipping into some super cheese lately. This is on a par with their Nightbeast release. A must have!

I swear, it'll be Troma that finally bring me my beloved "Headless Eyes" one day.

4. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

As terrible as Troma's releases are, there is something simply irresistable about them, at least to me. I like that cover! :evil:

5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

The only disapointment is that there are no film specific extras other than "production notes". That's a bit sad, but hey - I just checked and at DDD this is $10.... Oh, and it's PIGS - so hey....

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yep i saw this one at the video store for sale after getting luther the geek on dvd i probably wont get any other troma dvds except for the children if they ever release the damn thing.
    but as far as this movie goes will have to pass on this one did not like it at all

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I heard about this release a couple weeks ago, but can't recall ever seeing the film before. It sounds like something I'd enjoy perhaps. But as a Troma release? Scary...very scary.

8. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Katatonia: Troma are horrible, imo. However, there is a teir of films they are putting out that we probably won't see from anyone else, yet are worth having. Pigs is one of those, and Nightbeast is another. So bad they're good, I don't see an BU, AB, and SS getting around to these films. Nightbeast is a nutty film, but worth having, and while Troma haven't issued a pristine DVD, it's a "just better than VHS to get by". They are cheap too.

9. Ash J. Williams

Ash J. Williams New Member

10. Katatonia

Troma DVD's are mostly terrible. However, I must admit I do enjoy some from their vast library of independent films. And I indeed have quite a few Troma DVD's in my collection. I'm not always too pleased with the quality for most of them, but as you said... most are wholly owned by and will only be released by Troma.

I actually wish they'd license out more titles like they did with those Toxie's Triple Terror sets from Brentwood. The picture/sound quality wasn't too great on those most of the time either, but they are CHEAP to buy and packaged well. And at least those didn't have all those annoying Troma-crappic recycled extras that nobody gives a damn about, and rarely has anything to do with the movie on the DVD!!!

11. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I don't own a single Troma release but I think i'll break that string a pick up this movie and The Children. Honestly, for films like these, Troma releases are perfect. Like having them on VHS but less likely to wear out from constant viewing. Some flicks are just meant to be watched on low quality releases. Adds to the ambiance of the experience. Just wish Troma would stop including "extras" on their DVDs. It's a waste of time.

12. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I'm also not big on Troma and don't own any but I may have to check this one out. Another Troma that I actually wanna pick up is Decampitated. Time will tell!

13. Katatonia

Decampitated isn't really a Troma flick per se, it was just picked up by them later on and released to DVD. It's an okay movie, but nothing too grand or anything.

14. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

I've seen this movie, and it really ought to have been called "Daddy's Stanky Hole", although I guess that has connotations of it's own...it is really bad.

15. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I watched it - but strangely I don't feel as though I did. In fact, I can't remember huge chunks of it, and I was only drinking tea! I think I kept getting distracted. I'm going to spin it up again, to give you all a better set of comments. Right now I'd say... give this one a wide berth. There's nothing much going on.

It DOES have a nice grindhouse feel to it... but you do need some decent story and/or gore to carry such a poorly made effort. I don't recall this one delivering (sorry to be vague, I think my brain is trying to blot this one out).

Oh - and Troma do their usual FUCKING TERRIBLE job on the DVD. If you bought Nightbeast, you had to put up with an intro where Kaufman and some chick introduce the movie. You're supposed to laugh, because they hide their mouths at certain points so they can dub in the specifics of the film.... funny... NOT.

Well, you get the exact same intro here, only with the dubbing referring to Pigs. Utterly stupid, pointless, and annoying. As for the extras...... man, forget about it.

16. Katatonia

Kaufman does those lame intros on almost all Troma DVD's now...some you can't even fast-forward through on a normal factory player!

And Troma DVD extras? They're recycled on almost every DVD release. I'd just rather they left them all off, they get annoying real fast. :fire:

17. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

I got this dvd mainly because of the cool cover and that it is directed by and stars character actor Marc Lawrence.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0492908/

I haven't had time to watch it yet.

18. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

That chick is Debbie Rochon dammit, show your respects!

19. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Well, if the intro is anything to go by, she's an idiot. :)

Agree, Tawny. Nice cover. I will revisit the film, would be interested in your comments.

20. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

Oh come on, you've probably seen her in at least 5-10 movies. I'm not arguing that she's an idiot, I know by the roles she takes that is a fact, and obviously if she puts up with Lloyd's antics she is an idiot.