'Pigs' aka 'Daddy's Deadly Darling' DVD

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by gunner, May 4, 2005.

1. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Yeah, those "witty" Troma intros and extras got old really quick. I put up with them on the Toxie flicks and a few early classics from them but enough is enough. I will not buy Troma anymore.

2. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Those intros and extras are why I have never bought a Troma disc. I'm still annoyed that Troma released Stendhal Syndrome. That's bad :mad:

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I'm actually glad now that I waited and didn't buy this one. Apparently Troma used a heavily cut TV edit of the movie (like Rhino) for the DVD transfer, with missing gore and such. It sounds like the ancient VHS edition may still be preferrable.

4. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Thanks, Kat!!! You just saved me $9 as I was very close to secretly purchasing this on the sly. I haven't seen it since I caught it on TV as a kid; I believe it was the first time I ever saw a bad movie and liked it for its ineptitude. It was the beginning of the End.....:)

5. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

I finally got this DVD today and was rather disappointed.The movie itself was ok but they did an extra shitty job on this one.I hadn't seen this before but it did seem heavily cut and there were scenes that repeated themselves all through it(like you would see something once like a person turning around then it would happen again).Also it says on the cover that there's a music video but I could find none.:(

6. Jeff Dolniak

Jeff Dolniak Guest

Considering their are are R rated prints around (Im a collector nerd whose seen them around) they dropped the ball yet again on another title. On a positive note, another vote for the art,thats rarely a fault Troma has. The art is usaully pretty cool

7. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I rewatched this tonight.

As a film, I liked it a lot more this time around. Some instances of the use of sound (pigs) is really awesome. The grindhouse feel is also top-notch.

Sadly though, my view of the DVD has not changed. The cuts are obvious (jumps everywhere) and a lot of scenes are so dark you can't see what's going on.

Ton of potnetial here, but no delivery.

8. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

i love this film, always have....great 70 horror trash classic....

this version is uncut-japan vhs
    [​IMG]

9. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

also, just some interesting info, the canadian DADDY'S DEADLY DARLING prints have a sequence in the beginning(which looks like it was filmed for the video release,and wasent filmed at the time the film it's self was made), that has the father playin w/ his teenage daughter and then gropes her, if i remember he grabs her ass while hugging her, to show some sort of sexual abuse lead to the killings....paragon home video probably has this sequence as well, but i haven't seen that version so i can't confirm....

10. killnstalk

killnstalk Guest

Is this a slasher film?

11. dwatts

dwatts New Member

No. It's a glorious slice of exploitation.