Plan my Halloween triple bill

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by indiephantom, Aug 4, 2001.

?

Pick a film I should show on Halloween.

Poll closed Sep 28, 2001.
  1. Re-Animator

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Suspiria

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Halloween II

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. Anguish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Opera

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Evil Dead Trap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Sleepaway Camp 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Female Vampire

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  9. Valentine

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  10. Nosferatu (Herzog version)

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  11. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  12. Salo: 120 Days of Sodom

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  13. City of the Living Dead

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  14. Razor Blade Smile

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Thesis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Schramm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. The Omen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I will use this poll to creat my Halloween triple-bill for this year. I've narrowed it down to 17 films. The top three vote-getters will be my selection. Hope you think these picks are cool. All films will be shown on DVD.

2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Friday!

hehe, definitely The Final Chapter. I love it. I like Suspiria more, but I figure it'll get more votes.

3. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Nosferatu, I know I'm biased on this one, the Herzog remake was quite effective and fascinating on many levels.

My $.02

4. AceRimRat

AceRimRat Guest

Fun!

I picked Re-Animator, figuring a Halloween party should be FUN FUN FUN!

And that one's a blast. And it has all the gore and scares you need to fit the holiday.

5. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I (the Fulci NON-fan) voted for City of the Living Dead.

Why? Well, you know Suspiria and Re-Animator are gonna get a lot of votes, should finish 1-2. So what should be #3? Well, as much as I find Fulci rather boring, I think ya gotta admit that City of the Living Dead sure has a "Halloween-y" atmosphere (and I'm talking about the holiday, not the Carpenter film).

Don't blow off The Omen though....really good film. Maybe just too long and too dark to be a "party" film.

6. MISFITZ

MISFITZ Guest

FRIDAY the 13th: FINAL CHAPTER

I'm going with FRIDAY the 13th: FINAL CHAPTER as well! The movie is just a blast. I was leaning on ANGUISH, but because it has such a bizzare opening, some people may tune out or may expect the film to be different. Not knowing, if they hang on a bit more, it will pay off BIG TIME. :) So, I had to go with F13 part 4.

Everyone knows what to expect with Jason. And out of the series this one has a great tone. Part 6 to me is still the best, but lacks the nudity that part 4 will mix in. Plus since it'z for a party, you gotta have Corey Fledman looking like a fool to laugh at!! Not to mention McFly is in here too!! MIx in some Savini pluggin some of his masks!! :)

7. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Halloween II

Watch the first one, then watch Halloween 2. There are NO better films to watch on Halloween night than these two. Just keep up the American Tradition:)

8. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

Female Vampire is my choice! is this disc a "trick or treat"?:) :D :p :eek:

9. keith70

keith70 Guest

10. keith70

keith70 Guest

11. Erg0n

Erg0n My Baby Picture

In a House that's Up My Butt In A Cellar, Canada
    hehehehehehhe Female Vampire.

Vampyros Lesbos, is also a good treat.

12. Mario77

Mario77 New Member

I voted for Suspiria since it's coming out so soon - and what better date to formaly christen the LE DVD than on a Hallow'een movie bacchanal?

13. rhett

rhett Administrator

Re-Animator and The Final Chapter are both perfect Halloween flicks. Whenever I have parties, dark horror films, or films with longer pacing don't really go over very well. I guess it is just fun to kind of chat away and have a good time while watching some great gore, and films with high "camp" value. Euro-horror is also a tough sell to people who aren't really horror aficionados. I'd go with Jason first, then Re-Animator, and then Halloween II, simply because these films require the least amount of thought and all move at a speedy pace. :)

14. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Rhett, I agree with what you say about Euro-horror. I've had some parties in the past, and have shown THE BEYOND and TRAUMA before. I usually slate them third (last) so that by that time only my more tasteful friends who love that sort of thing, stick around.

I kind of goofed with my choice this though, because in the past i've always started with an anthology. last year it was BLACK SABBATH, before that it was CREEPSHOW. I should have put CREEPSHOW 2 on the list, or one from that other poll. THE OFFSPRING is not on DVD, but is a cool choice.

Generally, I start with the fastest-paced film, FRIDAY or RE-ANIMATOR would work well, it looks like those two may win, and then I'll probably go with the Euro to finish it off (hang in there SUSPIRIA!!)

15. rhett

rhett Administrator

Yeah, that is a good idea with an anthology. Whenever I have movie nights I always put anthologies last just so people don't really have to pay attention too long for each story, because at 4 or so in the morning it is tough for anyone! But putting it at the start would work equally as well. Creepshow 2 would probably work even better than Creepshow, seeing as the stories are all relatively short in length and pretty interesting (The Crate goes on forever!). I am interested to see how your night goes, be sure to tell us how it went when it is all over and done with!

16. EVIL-SINNER

EVIL-SINNER Guest

i am a huge fulci fan so i had to go with
    'city of the living dead' -fulci and gore rule!