Please support my friends' definitive slasher movie guide

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by stigdu, Apr 5, 2016.

1. stigdu

stigdu New Member

Hey gents,

I used to write for a horror website back in the day (around 1997-1999) called 'Splatterhouse.net' where I'd compile quizzes and contribute prizes and the odd review. Having grown up with horror films (my father was a huge fan) since I was in my early teens, I've now had about 30 years' experience of watching and reading about them.

My good friend Haydn and his pal Phil are compiling the 'definitive' slasher movie guide, which aims to cover the gamut from the 1940s to the present day. Trust me, if it's slasher film related, there's almost nothing they don't know.

I'd really appreciate it if you guys would offer your support by simply following them, or liking their page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/AloneInTheDarkOver80YearsOfStalkSlash/?fref=nf

Many thanks!!
    Stacy

Katatonia likes this.
  2. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Stacy, does your friend really spell his name as "Haydn"? I'm asking for a friend, thanks.

3. stigdu

stigdu New Member

Yes, that's his first name.

4. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Ok, maybe I'm just not in a good mood today, but I generally don't trust people that say "trust me" unless I know them. Considering you created your account here to hock this book, trust goes right out the window.

With your extensive background in writing for a horror site, why aren't you writing this book? And who the hell are Haydn and Phil? Why aren't they creating accounts all over the web trying to sell their book?

5. stigdu

stigdu New Member

Remind me not to get on your bad side...

I'm much more frequently over on the AV Forums and blu-ray.com, so I understand your pessimism. For what it's worth, I was directed over to Horror Digital by a post on blu-ray.com in the discussion about Scream Factory releases, or it might have specifically been about Victor Salva, I can't remember.

I'm not writing the book as I can't be arsed to be honest! :) Life's difficult enough with a wife and 2 small daughters in tow.

I'm sure Haydn and Phil are promoting their book in their own way, just, you know, being a friend of one of them, I thought I'd help spread teh word, get a bit of interest out there in the relevant circles (i.e. Horror Digital seemed a good place).

6. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

It's just frowned upon to create an account to sell something and then disappear, mainly eBay auctions. Perhaps I was a little harsh and for that I apologize. I need a nap. Good luck with the book.

7. stigdu

stigdu New Member

No worries, and thanks for apologising. Cheers for the comments, though. Like I say, I'm always posting over on BR, and quite often on AVF as well (selling a ton of my blus on there right now!)

I'm going to try to make this site one of my regular haunts too.

8. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Are you Stacy Ponder of the Final Girl blog?

m@ggot likes this.
  9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I "liked" the page on Facebook. It really does sound like it'll be a killer book whenever it comes out.

stigdu likes this.
  10. stigdu

stigdu New Member

No, no. She's Stacie with an 'ie' at the end, I may have an odd name, but I'm a guy. :)

Kim Bruun likes this.
  11. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I was just about to compliment you on your kickass blog. :p

Anyway, the book looks interesting. I have Kerswell's Slasher Movie Book, and while it's a neat coffee table book, it's more like a supplement to his site and not really encyclopaedic enough in its own right for me.

stigdu likes this.
  12. stigdu

stigdu New Member

Yeah, I have that too somewhere - in fact when I was living in Bristol, I offered to help Justin out by lending him some old horrors I had on DVD, but he never took me up on the offer. I believe he's helped out the guys on AITD and should get a 'thank you' credit in there when it's finally released. (They've been working on it for something like 3 years I think now!)

Cheers