Poll: Best Complete Set of "Big Three"

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by othervoice1, Sep 29, 2014.

?

Best Complete Set of the "Big Three" Horror Franchises

1. Nightmare on Elm Street

10.0%
  2. Friday the 13th

10.0%
  3. Halloween

80.0%
  1. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

So now that the "Big Three" all have a complete boxset released which do you feel is the best?
    I don't mean which has the best overall movies or which series you like the most - but for those of you that own all three which do you think was the overall better product including extra features, video and sound as well as packaging.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I don't believe they did any new extras for the Freddy or Jason sets, so Halloween automatically wins by default.

Poll closed.

3. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Halloween wins just for each film having its own disc in its own case with original theatrical art and three of the films even have multiple versions! The Friday set couldn't even include the unrated cut of Jason Goes to Hell. The Nightmare set was just lazy and at least the bonus disc in the Halloween set is a blu-ray. Both the Friday and Nightmare sets' bonus discs are dvds. Halloween also beats them all as far as the look of the sets go. The presentation and artwork of the Halloween set is gorgeous.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  4. jstell

jstell Member

The Elm Street set didn't include Freddy vs Jason so that immediately makes that one incomplete. The Friday set didn't have anything eventful like the Producer's Cut of the sixth Halloween entry. So Halloween would seem to be a no-brainer here.

5. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

As Mikey said, the Halloween set is the only one in which each film has its own disc. That's a big deal for me. Not to mention multiple versions for three of the 10 films. The problem in terms of extras in my opinion is Never Sleep Again and Crystal Lake Memories make almost any other supplement obsolete. The Halloween set wins again in that regard. I am unsure if the fine folks at 1408 Films would be able to get John Carpenter and Jaime Lee Curtis to sit down and discuss these films yet again.

6. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I would agree with Halloween as well overall - but Friday the 13th was a close second IMO considering it included digital copies of each movie and I personally think the outer packaging is pretty cool to display on my shelf.

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Halloween, even though Anchor Bay fucked up a few things with the set.

8. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton New Member

Halloween for sure. The Friday set would be pretty good if they had included the unrated cut of Jason Goes to Hell.

And the Freddy set is just so lazy. The transfer for part 4 is garbage. Its so dark I couldn't believe what I was watching. The 15 year old DVD is better quality. And no 3D version of Freddy's Dead. I really hope Freddy gets a new set with some care put into it.