positive wrong turn 2 review

Discussion in 'General' started by Paul0889, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

2. Marclar

Marclar Member

Nice. Henry Rollins...cant go wrong here. I am a huge fan of the fist movie and cannot wait for this one.

3. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

Positive reviews or not, I'm renting this strictly because I enjoyed the original and because Henry Rollins is the man.

4. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Active Member

yeah, I really liked Wrong Turn and am looking forward to the sequel. I am not expecting greatness, but I hope and think it will be at least decent if not pretty good.

5. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Sounds good. Loved the first one, so it makes sense that I'll be dipping into the sequel.

6. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Yea I thought the first one was under appreciated and was a fun flick- I really like Henry Rollins althought Ill miss Eliza Dushku

7. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

I'm so on-board with this one! The first one had a lot of detractors, but I had a ton of fun with it.

8. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

It has whet my appetite some. Don't trust the review much, though. I've been burned several times from putting stock in those comments.

9. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

I'd trust Joe Lynch, the director. This guy has a lot of passion for our little genre and I, for one, expect great things from him in the future. I, too, am a big fan of the original and eagerly await this film's release.

10. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

11. Midnight Buddha

Midnight Buddha Member

I thought wrong turn was a pretty good film, will def check this one out....

12. BroodingHope

BroodingHope New Member

The guys over at dreadcentral also gave it a good review.

13. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

I'm all over this. It looks like the director is really trying to deliver some old-school gory fun to fans of the genre. Plus, Rollins is sure to lend some campy fun to the preceedings...

14. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

i had the pleasure of watching a screener of this one the other day. it was really cool. thats the only way to describe it really. it was a ridiculously gory flick. the gore wasn't exactly cartoonish like i thought it would be, but it was very over the top. the first film was definitely more realistic in terms of violence. the acting was good, Erica Leerhsen and Henry Rollins were definitely the best. all the other actors were good. crystal lowe played an evil little hoe who got maybe 20 minutes of screen time and yes she does get topless, texas battle was a sensitive jock and was much more likeable in this than in final destination 3, Daniella Alonso's acting was better in this than hills have eyes 2. she got probably 30 mins of screen time.
    now the cannibals. they weren't as frightening as the ones in the first. Pa was a big dude and his makeup was just ok, nothing really special. Ma didn't get much screen time and really only showed up at the end and looked just ok. the brother and sister were the ugliest. especially the sister. she was like three finger from the first. her makeup was definitely the best of the cannibals, her head was huge and she shrieked like crazy. she was vicious. and finally, three finger had pretty good makeup as well. he almost looked exactly like he did in the first.

15. dirkwu

dirkwu Bannable Lector

Rollins is a media whore! fuck him.

16. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

Another very positive review up at AICN http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33820
    I have no problem with it being DTV, many movies I see for the first time on DVD anyway, I was just concerned about quality and production but maybe that might not be the case for this..

17. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

well to me it felt nothing like the first, and did have a slight DTV feel. it was very good tho, definitely one of the best DTV releases i've seen in a long time. FOX really screwed themselves over by putting hills have eyes 2 in theaters over this, that's for damn sure

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  18. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of the first movie. I'm one of the 12 people who saw it in the theater on opening night and have been recommending it ever since. I was never very excited about this DTV sequel idea especially since it concerned reality shows, but after hearing these good things maybe I'll give it a spin.

19. shift

shift Hot as shit!

I really enjoyed this movie. I had the same feeling as part one. Movie had good kills and kept you at the edge waiting for more.

It seems there maybe a part III in the mix.... (due to story ending :) )

20. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

just to let everyone know, my friend posted 2 death scenes from the movie, check em out

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]