Possible Halloween: 35th Anniversary blu-ray forthcoming?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mikey Horror, Jun 6, 2013.

1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Maybe because this film has played on TV/Cable probably more than any other horror movie. I also hated that there are numerous versions of the releases. I mean, I get a double dip here and there but with this movie it's just ridiculous.

Never say never, but maybe this is the last US version. Plus this current price is really good. People gotta be high to have payed the initial release price for this 35th Anniversary Blu. What was it like $25 or close to that?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  2. Do you see

Do you see Member

I had it pre-ordered to ensure I got a digibook version (I love those fuckers), but I am a little pissed to see how much it has dropped so soon after release. Oh well, hindsight.

3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Ok, listen to this one.

I just went over to Best Buy to pick the Halloween Blu and this was what happened.

After finding Halloween (the sticker said $21) I walked around the movies sections a little bit and found a Bin/Case that said something like holiday savings $3.99. So normally those bins are just a jumbled mess with average movies (mostly Echo Bridge) the same deals you see everywhere. Well, when I looked inside it was perfectly & neatly in alphabetically order (the way it should be btw) and you can clearly thumb through the choices. To my surprise there was some really good movies in there. All had NO price stickers, just a sticker with some codes on them. So I picked up 3 movies and headed to the cashier. I told the cashier I had 2 questions before checking out, the first was the Halloween Blu should be $9.99 and it rang up for $21 but he went online and gave me the $9.99 price that it stated there. So next he rang up the other 3 movies (which I said I wanted to be sure they were $3.99 because they had no prices and wondering if the bin was a mistake) The 3 rang up at various original prices, so he said show me the bin. We head over to the bin, and I pointed out the multiple copies of the movies I chose, and right then a manager walked by & just blurted out before the cashier even said anything "I'll take care of it" Back at the checkout, the manager started punching in codes at a lightning speed turned & walked off. He didn't even say all set or ok anything else? , absolutely nothing. Just entered numbers and left.

Here's the awesome/lucky part. Remember when I first rang up Halloween?, well it was "already in" the checkout list. So when that dummy was drilling those codes into the machine (obviously not in a good mood) he slapped one on Halloween too.

Got the dam thing for $3.99 :p

BTW the other three films I picked up:

Wolverine (origins) - Blu-ray (I don't care I like it)
    X-Men First Class - Blu-ray
    Machete - Blu-ray

All 4 Blu's for a total of $15.96 before taxes.

Those Blu's in that bin are NOT on sale yet. Those $3.99 prices are for Black Friday.(except for Halloween that's was just a mistake. But it is currently on sale today for $9.99) That's the reason why they came up as full price. They mistakenly put that bin out prematurely. Now it made sense why the manager sighed a little when he said I'll take care of it.

Look at the Black Friday ad.

http://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/#!/movies+amp+music It says there 160 to choose from. There was only like 15 titles in that bin. ...... Lucky them :evil: I would have cleaned up.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  4. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Very cool Baggio. Things rarely work out that well for me. I can never seem to get any stores to match even their own website's prices (B&N, Walmart). I am one of the fools that paid full price for this when it came out (like Do you see, I enjoy digibooks), and didn't want to miss out.

I have the Starz blu-ray and the lenticular 1999 2-disc DVD. Hopefully that'll be the last version of any of the movies in this series that I ever buy.

5. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the same with me too. Usually get decent deals & get screwed on others so it's works out even in the long run. But this incident was pure luck. Make it it even more amazing , when I first posted about the $9.99 Halloween I was going to have it shipped, but I couldn't think of other stuff to get over the free shipping min. So I was going to ship it to the store, but when I saw it was "in stock" and available I figure I just swing by. It just happened to be close to where my relative lived that I had something to drop off for them after work. The stars just aligned today. I'm sure I'll get whacked for something else in the future. :)

6. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

I got Best Buy to price match the HALLOWEEN digibook as well, but thankfully I didn't get stuck with copy of WOLVERINE ORIGINS. They couldn't pay to take one of those off their shelves. :)

7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Price match? They were the ones having the $9.99 sale.

8. Stige

Stige Active Member

Wonder if the booklet included in the steelbook (UK) has the same info/writing/pictures as the digibook?

9. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

It was marked $21.99 in the store. It required a manager to price match with Bestbuy.com.

10. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Yes, the booklet in the UK steelbook is the exact same content as the US digibook. Page for page.

11. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Here's a good point - apparently, BestBuy is shipping the 35th Anniversary in a plain blu-Ray case - no DigiBook. I guess this justifies the $9.99 (now $14.99) sale tag. That's what I was sent and also much to the chagrin of others.

I noticed, however, the SKU# of the $9.99 plain version is the same as the DigiBook, so I went to my local BestBuy to see if they had any in store. Sure enough, there were a ton of them. So, I simply took it up to the customer service desk with my receipt and said "I ordered this online, but got sent this one instead. You can see on my order slip this is the SKU# I purchased (referencing between the DigiBook and my receipt) . It's the same movie, just different casing." Without a second thought they did an equal exchange - woot!