Post Your Horror Collection (Replicas, Masks and Collectibles)

Discussion in 'General' started by Zombie Dude, Jul 4, 2013.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

Kotobukiya showed images of their female Chucky packaging and it's similar to the box from the movie. I can't wait to get this one. I think it releases next month here. The exclusive at their site sold out too. I hope it doesn't jump in price too much and make me wish I got an extra to sell.

[​IMG]

And the big one from this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally someone made a Jason statue near Crystal Lake. He seems to be from Friday the 13th Part 3. I really wish it was Part 2 or 6. It would be so easy to make this Part 6. Still I might have to get this one. Look at that water and the clever reveal under it. It looks amazing and will probably be expensive. But maybe Sideshow Toys will try a cheaper version now that another company showed how to make a Jason statue. Their recent one with the deaths on the base is good. But Jason and Crystal Lake go together. And I can't believe how long it took for someone to make it. Here is a video someone made as well.

buck135 likes this.
  2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

That's a part 4 Jason. Man does that whole piece look great though. Love that he's on a dock by the water too. It's a really nice touch, especially with the body down there.

3. ImmortalSlasher

There is a rough video interview where the owner says it's not finished and he's making it a best of all films Jason. I thought Part 3 because I can't remember Jason near Crystal Lake in Part 4. But I remembered the scene in Part 3. People on the Statue Forum and Sideshow Collectors Forum are breaking down the look of him. Those guys pick out all the details of the mask and his look.

4. Zombie Dude

That face is definitely from part 4. The "scene" is more reminiscent of part 3 though (spear gun scene comes to mind). I would have stuck with making his look part 3 as well. I like his face better in that one.
    A New Blood piece like this would be awesome too!

5. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

That's one hell of a Jason statue. I could imagine a $500 plus price tag.

6. ImmortalSlasher

I'm watching Part 4 now and yeah it's definitely Part 4. This one really isn't my favorite. Even in HD parts are really dark. The characters pretty much suck. It's only the some of the death scenes that are fun. I still love that window throw and window jump scene. Also the axe through the door. I'm going to watch Part 3 next.

I've been watching New Blood a bit and I'm starting to like that one a bit more. I need to recheck my old list. If I had that one below Parts 1, 3, 4, or 5, it's definitely moved up. But I still don't like the monster Jason design.

Here is that interview with the owner.

$500?! I wish it would be $500. Sideshow's new Jason is about that with shipping.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...of-crystal-lake-sideshow-collectibles-300367/

People are talking like close to or actually $2000. Here is their site with current and past items.

http://www.elitecreature.com/ELITE

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. Zombie Dude

I think 2&3 are up there as my favourites, probably followed by The New Blood. If I was going to pick a favorite zombie Jason then I'd definitely go with Part VII. I love that look and think it easily trumps any of his other zombie designs.
    Last time I tried to watch The Final Chapter it was a struggle, mainly due to the characters. I was also pretty tired so that didn't help. I'm definitely up for giving it another chance as I love the beginning, picking up at the end of part 3 and the death scenes are pretty awesome. All the Jason stuff is pretty sweet too, it's just the characters I wasn't feeling much.

8. ImmortalSlasher

All of my favorite Friday the 13th movies have a almost a handful of good characters. I think that's why the ones like Part 3, 4, and 5 are so low ranked for me. It's only the lead girl that's a good character. And in some cases like Part 3, I don't even care too much about the lead girl.

9. Zombie Dude

I actually quite enjoy Part 3 and like a few of the characters. Part 5 isn't too bad either, it just lacks the blood/gore. Part 4 sadly has that guy calling Crispin Glover's character a "dead fuck" all the time which just wasn't funny. It also doesn't help that a lot of the other characters in the film are assholes or mean to one another. On the bight side we get Crispin Glover's crazy dance which is one of the high points in the film, along with the surprise twist that it actually gets him laid lol.
    [​IMG]

10. ImmortalSlasher

11. Zombie Dude

I've never even heard of this Cheri Maugans' knees thing. I don't really get it either :confused:

Plus I love how he's so upset that the previous movies endings are ruined in the recaps at the start. Maybe watch them in order? Lol. Such a stupid complaint.

He also seems annoyed the movie doesn't stick to the formula but that's part of why I enjoy Part 3. It's just different and fun.

12. ImmortalSlasher

I think the knee thing is just some Internet way of saying she's hot. I don't know Internet slang well either but I've come across it a few times.

I don't know why he would watch them backwards. I found that site before with odd horror / b movies. Perhaps he was trying something different? I've watched Part 3 a handful of times and I just can't get into it. And when compared to Part 2, which is one of my favorites. Part 3 isn't comparable.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  13. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I actually think The Final Chapter is the best Friday movie. Much better than 3, and much much better than part 5 (as much as I love how trashy and sleazy it is).

~Matt

Angelman likes this.
  14. Zombie Dude

I definitely want to revisit Part 3 soon. Heck I'm due for a revisit on the first few really. It's been ages since I've seen 1 & 2. Part 2 is a favourite of mine as well.
    I just find most of the character's let The Final Chapter down otherwise it would be a favourite of mine also.

15. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I think part 3 has the most annoying fucking characters. Shelly sucks, Chris sucks, Rick is fucking terrible. The others just fade into the background. I don't know how someone can say the characters in part 4 are unlikable but then praise part 3. TBH I think it's a garbage movie that hasn't aged well AT ALL. The 3-D is gimmicky, the characters suck, the kills (aside from a couple) are pretty cheap-looking, the ending is a total ripoff of the first one (just done shittier), the acting is worse than most lol I could go on.

Haha I hate part 3. The only good thing about it is that he gets his hockey mask.

Part 4 I think is the best because of how grim it is. Sure some of the characters are annoying (like Teddy - fuck even I wanted to kill him - but he's supposed to be annoying). However, Trish is an awesome final girl - prob my favorite in the series, Corey Feldman is likeable, Tom Savini returned for the gore effects, it's moody and atmospheric, the kills are well set-up, the finale is fucking awesome. Yeah. Part 4 fucking kicks ass.

I also love part 2 a lot though. It baffles me how Steve Miner could get part 2 so right and then go so wrong with part 3. And part 1 has a special place for me. The poster for part 1 is also prob my fav out of any movie.

~Matt

othervoice1 and Natas like this.
  16. Natas

Natas ....on the warm side of the dooooooor

Can't really argue with any of the points you made. Well said.

But I completely disagree about part 3. I think it's entertaining as hell. I find it to be one of the funnier entries, including the gimmicky 3D. I laugh every time some object or fist comes right at the camera. The ending is one of my favorites too......... can't argue with it being a rip off of part 1, but when Jason has his mask off and he's looking out at Chris from the 2nd story window.....I think is one of the creepiest moments in any of the Jason flicks. I also think Chris (Dana Kimmell) is the hottest Friday chick ever. (not that it's relevant in any way shape of form lol)

Part 4 is pretty fucking badass too, mayne. I do find it a little boring for a few minutes early on.......but one of the best finales, fo sho. Seeing it in 35mm on the big screen was one of my favorite theater viewings of my entire life.

Matt89 and Zombie Dude like this.
  17. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Zombie Dude likes this.
  18. Zombie Dude

Awesome, it's not just me then lol. It definitely had me baffled.

buck135 likes this.
  19. ImmortalSlasher

I've been watching Part 3 and 4 trying to convince myself that I could live with that Elite Collectibles Jason statue even though it's not from Part 6.

Trish isn't my favorite but she does have one of the best moments in the series with that window jump. I love that scene. She only becomes hot for me in the last part of the movie.

But Part 2 to Part 3 is confusing. I still think the ending of Part 2 doesn't make much sense and Part 3 doesn't help.

I think the best scene in Part 3 is the one where Jason is holding the guy and the camera pans over so the audience sees what's happening but the girl doesn't.

I think the hot girl helps. That was what I remembered when I got back into Friday the 13th. That Part 2 has the two best girls in Ginny and Terry. Also Melissa from Part 7 is high on the list.

Also anyone who hasn't seen this topic I made come over and vote -

http://horrordvds.com/community/thr...te-version-of-jason-in-friday-the-13th.48179/

I have a feeling that the people who prefer the early movies like the more human Jason compared to the later version.

Natas and Zombie Dude like this.
  20. ImmortalSlasher

Kotobukiya showed some teaser artwork for a female Ash from Evil Dead figure. I'm not sure about this one. I really like the new TV series and a female Ash like Freddy and Jason seems wrong.

I'm checking the sites for more horror statues and figures since it's Comic Con today. But I'm not seeing much I want so far. Sideshow Toys made an Alien Queen. But that's going to be like $1000+.

Zombie Dude likes this.