Post Your Horror Collection (Replicas, Masks and Collectibles)

Discussion in 'General' started by Zombie Dude, Jul 4, 2013.

1. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

That's it! I misremembered the title. Both films are awful anyway.

2. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

Yeah Sliver is something I don't remember that much except for the odd music and high end apartment. I was thinking you could display the Basic Instinct statue in a movie room near the steelbooks with a model of the Lotus or the exotic car in the sequel. Or perhaps a prop ice pick. You can see I'm trying to give myself a reason to consider the statue myself. I'll probably do a double feature before the statue comes out.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    buck135 likes this.
  3. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

You could have the DVD that came with an ice pick next to the statue.

1.jpg

dave13, buck135 and Zombie Dude like this.
  4. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I used to own that. I loved it, but the case took up too much room.

5. ImmortalSlasher

I thought I was going to make a post or start a topic with some of the stuff I got for the Halloween month. But something came up as usual and I haven't been able to even get to some of those items. I'll probably save them for next year or perhaps extend the Halloween celebration into November. I never seem to be ready.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

My Halloween will be going into November ;)

7. ImmortalSlasher

I usually watch scary movies all year. But there is something to the Halloween month and I still can't get stuff ready just for October.

But maybe next year will be set since I'll probably have the Sideshow Collectibles Hell Priestess which was delayed. I almost got $50 in points last week from Sideshow. My record store still doesn't have the Hellraiser Mondo LP either. Nor have I picked up a prop puzzle box.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  8. Zombie Dude

Oh I'm usually the same but this October I've tried to keep my watching to mostly horror. I'm away for Halloween so I'm going to watch a few that I wanted to fit in for the season once I get back.

Yeah I've always wanted a prop of the Lament Configuration but they're are pricy for a good one and even more so if they are moveable. One day though.

9. ImmortalSlasher

I noted two sites for that puzzle box last year. Other sites seemed to be sourcing the boxes from one main site. Someone here posted that we could get a discount during October on their site. I think I settled on the static version. I realized that there were different versions only after seeing what was available. I need to find my notes but I believe the best version came with extras like a glass case and a few other extras. Also that the best version was actual metal on wood vs some kind of sticker for the metal details. Maybe I'll look into it tonight as I'm finished watching full movies for the Halloween watching topic.

10. Zombie Dude

I don't remember hearing about that discount. That's cool.
    The price of the moving puzzle boxes are way too high. I'd love one but would have to settle for the static version as well. And yes, the wood version is the way to go. It looks so much better than those sticker ones.

11. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I still have that. I used to have the Total Recall Mars tin that kind of felt like a companion piece (both Artisan releases of Verhoeven films), but I got rid of that when I upgraded. Still haven't ditched this, though. Basic Instinct is a great movie.

12. ImmortalSlasher

The guy posted the discount last year when someone, maybe me, mentioned replica puzzle boxes. I don't think they posted since. I know they didn't post about a discount this year. But I'm already getting ready for next year. I got the Suspiria poster, the red one, on the way. I posted a topic about it.

http://horrordvds.com/community/threads/suspiria-limited-poster-by-dan-mumford.48418/

There is a 15% discount for those that want the poster. Also, I have the Bernie Wrightson Artifact Edition on the way.

[​IMG]

Zombie Dude likes this.
  13. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I have a nice copy of House of Secrets 92. Classic cover.

ImmortalSlasher likes this.
  14. ImmortalSlasher

Expensive too. It will probably go for even more since Sideshow Collectibles and Prime 1 Studio have Swamp Thing statues coming out.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Angelman and Zombie Dude like this.
  15. Angelman

It's funny I bought it 20 years ago when eBay was pretty new along with lots of mid/high grade Silver/Bronze age keys. Amazing - I bought most of those for next to nothing compared to current values.

16. ImmortalSlasher

Any stories from back then? What other key comics did you find? Any artwork?

I think those were the days before CGC too. I thought I was lucky to see some old comics back then. And I was listening to know it all people who were saying that the comic market was dying. Add in the delays with many modern comics of the time and I stopped going to comic shops.

17. Angelman

My story is not different. I picked up everything I could is super high grades. Spider-Man 129, 238, 300, Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen (the one with the first Darkseid). The biggest was a Brave and the Bold #28. Maybe 60-70 higher grade keys.

I bought the Spider-Man #129 for $70 in 1998 and sold it for $1300 this year. I also had a near complete run of Justice League from 1-261 that I sold off.

I also bought a lot of Indie stuff, Bone #1. Stuff like that. Slowly getting it all graded and am selling it.

I stopped going to comic shops around that time too. I was really into comic but I guess I eventually grew out of it.