Post Your Horror Collection (Replicas, Masks and Collectibles)

Discussion in 'General' started by Zombie Dude, Jul 4, 2013.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I had to look up Stella Star. The actress is in a bunch of Hammer horror movies that I want to see. I have a feeling that I'll want a figure or statue of her as well. I was going to get the Hammer Glamour book when I start watching the movies.

hammer glamour.jpg

2. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Munro has been in a bunch of genre films and was a huge favorite of mine growing up. I saw Maniac and Starcrash in the theater. When I was a teenager I had these 8 x 10 photos framed up on my wall.

Caroline Munro Stills 12.JPG

3. ImmortalSlasher

Some might like these. I just watched House by the Cemetery in the October month. I haven't seen the other one from Zombie Holocaust yet.

[​IMG]

russweiss likes this.
  4. ImmortalSlasher

Well guys the fun is over. Sideshow decided to only allow people to hold their Rewards Points for a year. So no more collecting free money from Sideshow's yearly events and your purchase Rewards Points and holding those until that big statue purchase.

I mentioned in a few posts a while back that Sideshow had a new free points system during their events so only so many people could collect them. It was almost worthless to try. But now you might as well not bother with the free points. Even at best if you could get $20 or so dollars out of the free point codes. Now you would have to time those free points with whatever statues you purchase release date to be able to get anything free. With statue releases delayed at times it will become extremely difficult to rack up points.

Few people will be able to get up to $200 or more in free points unless they are buying tons of statues and figures from Sideshow every year. I believe you divide your statue price by 20 or 25 to get your Rewards Point dollar amount. A $500 statue will give you $25 or $20. So yeah the fun is over.

5. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Is Sideshow aware of the state of the world right now? I bought their life size Grogu (Baby Yoda), but I think that's going to be it until they appreciate their repeat customers again.

6. ImmortalSlasher

The world is one of those things where some times people do well and others do poorly. And vice versa. Plus companies just want to make as much money as possible. And then the company will behave like their product is a drug that many people want and need. I have a feeling that Sideshow isn't doing poorly. They keep re-releasing characters and assuming those popular characters will sell out. I guess a lot of people want 3 or 4 Wolverine statues.

From their 12 Days Event:

https://www.sideshow.com/events/12-days-of-sideshow/

I'm not interested in much. If they make the three characters from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly then I'll get those. But a lot of those reveals are characters they have already made. Second or third Doctor Doom. Second Power Girl.

I would take a Jason at Crystal Lake statue. The only one made so far was that really expensive one from another company. And that was a Part 3 version.