Pscyho 1 - IV blu-ray set

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by thing, Oct 27, 2015.

1. thing

thing Well-Known Member

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv...horror/psycho-the-complete-collection/805835/

Psycho (1960) [Blu-Ray]
    One of the most shocking films of all time, Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho changed the thriller genre forever. Join the Master of Suspense on a chilling journey as an unsuspecting victim (Janet Leigh) visits the Bates Motel and falls prey to one of cinema’s most notorious psychopaths - Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins). Named #1 on the AFI’s 100 Years…100 Thrills list, this notorious film has become a cultural phenomenon. Featuring one of the most iconic scenes in film history - the famous “shower scene”, Psycho is “still terrifying after all these years” (Leonard Maltin’s Classic Movie Guide).

Special Features:
    Audio Commentary with Stephen Rebello, Author of "Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho"
    The Making of Psycho documentary
    In the Master's Shadow: Hitchcock's Legacy
    Hitchcock / Truffaut audio interview with scenes from the movie
    Newsreel Footage: The Release of Psycho
    The Shower Scene: With & Without Music
    The Shower Sequence: Storyboards by Saul Bass image gallery
    Psycho Sound
    The Psycho Archives image gallery
    Posters and Psycho Ads image gallery
    Lobby Cards image gallery
    Behind the Scenes Photographs image gallery
    Publicity Shots image gallery
    Theatrical Trailer
    Re-Release Trailers

Technical Specifications
    Aspect Ratio - 1.85:1
    Audio - English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
    Duration - 104

Psycho II (1983) [Blu-Ray]
    In Richard Franklin's 'Psycho 2' (1983), ex-motel owner Norman Bates (Perkins reprising the role) has spent most of his adult life in a secure prison, following the murders he committed some 20 years before. Judged sane by a psychiatric report, Norman is released and returns to his gothic family home. However, when he takes in a young, female lodger, the old demons seem about to resurface.

Special Features:
    Audio Commentary with screenwriter Tom Holland
    Cast and Crew Interviews
    2 Theatrical Trailers
    4 TV Spots
    Stills Gallery
    Option to play the film accompanied by vintage audio interviews with Anthony Perkins, Vera Miles, Janet Leigh, Richard Franklin, and Alfred Hitchcock (first fifteen minutes, then the track goes back to the film's 2.0 stereo mix).

Technical Specifications
    Duration - 110

Psycho III (1986) [Blu-Ray]
    'Psycho 3' (1986) was directed by Perkins. A runaway nun seeks refuge at the Bates Motel, where Norman (Perkins) is still in charge. Unfortunately for her, she has the same initials as Marion Crane, the woman he stabbed to death in the original film, and she triggers off some shower-related memories in him. A fledgling love affair begins between the two, but his demanding 'mother' is not happy with her son's choice of partner and is determined to exert her parental influence.

Special Features:
    Audio Commentary with screenwriter Charles Edward Pogue
    Watch the Guitar interview with actor Jeff Fahey
    Patsy's Last Night interview with actor Katt Shea
    Mother's Maker interview with special make-up effects artist Michael Westmore
    Body Double interview with Brinke Stevens
    Theatrical Trailer and TV Spot
    Still Gallery

Technical Specifications
    Duration - 93

Psycho IV (1990) [Blu-Ray]
    'Psycho 4' (1990) sees Joseph Stefano, the screenwriter of the original 'Psycho', return to script this instalment. Perkins again revives Norman Bates, apparently completely reformed and happily married to a psychologist. However, a phone-in show on matricide stirs up all his old problems and he embarks on another stalk and slash crusade.

Technical Specifications
    Aspect Ratio - 1.33:1
    Audio - English Dolby Digital 5.1
    Duration - 93

Psycho (1998) [Blu-Ray]
    Gus van Sant's controversial remake of Alfred Hitchcock's classic thriller is an almost shot-for-shot replica of the original. Eager to leave her old life behind, Marion Crane (Anne Heche) steals a large amount of money from her boss and takes to to the road. As night falls, and after having driven all day, the combination of rain, tiredness and regret causes her to stop at a roadside motel and take a room for the night. She then briefly shares some food with the motel manager, Norman Bates (Vince Vaughn), before going to her room to relax and take a shower...

Special Features:
    Psycho Path documentary
    International News Reel Footage
    Additional Shower Scene

Technical Specifications
    Audio - English Dolby Digital 5.1
    Duration - 104

Bates Motel (1987) [DVD]
    One of the most infamous murder locations in history re-opens under new management in the chilling Bates Motel. To Alex West (Bud Cort), Norman Bates was the father he never had. So after spending 27 years together in the state sanitarium, Alex is finally released, having inherited the Bates estate upon Norman's passing. Aided by a wisecracking young drifter (Lori Petty), Alex reopens the infamous motel, their guests including a suicidal divorcée, a '50s gang of eerie teens and the late Mrs. Bates herself. A feature-length TV movie originally broadcast on NBC, Bates Motel is the rarest film in the Psycho legacy…the stuff that screams are made of!

Technical Specifications
    Audio - English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
    Duration - 90

The Psycho Legacy (2010 Documentary) [DVD]
    In 1960 Anthony Perkins scared the world with his chilling portrayal of a murderous madman obsessed with his dead mother, catapulting the horror genre into a new realm of possibility. Alfred Hitchcocks original Psycho spawned three sequels and one remake, and the series continues to affect popular culture 50 years later. The Psycho Legacy follows the indelible filmmaking legacy left by the Psycho movies and unravels the screenwriting, casting and directing of all the movies, examining their undeniable longevity and success. Interweaving ultra-rare and never-before-seen interview footage of Anthony Perkins and dozens of interviews including Robert Loggia, Olivia Hussey, Henry Thomas, Diana Scarwid, Tom Holland, Hilton Green, Mick Garris and many more, The Psycho Legacy is the first documentary to unite and explore decades of Psycho movies in one place, revealing surprises and insights into what is considered the grandfather of modern horror.

Special Features:
    Deleted Scenes
    Extended Interviews
    Full panel discussion with Perkins
    PSYCHO reunion panel
    A tour of the Bates Motel
    Revisiting PSYCHO II: Sequel scripter Holland and Galluzzo go over original blueprints, newspaper clippings and articles and possessions left behind from PSYCHO II director
    Shooting PSYCHO II interview featurette with cinematographer Dean Cundey
    A visit with PSYCHO memorabilia collector Guy Thorpe
    PSYCHO on the Web
    The Hyaena Gallery presents serial-killer-inspired art

Technical Specifications
    Audio - English Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
    Duration - 90

2. Robert Simandl

Robert Simandl Member

Since I already have 1-3 on BD, I'm hoping there will eventually be a single disc release of Psycho IV.

3. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Lol. I can't wait until this news hits BR.com. There are some very scary people on there, demanding to know why Scream Factory hasn't licensed Psycho IV and wishing them the worst. I bet these are like those people who shoot up movie theaters because they're mad at the world.

Katatonia likes this.
  4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

LOL, and you can bet that will happen on there too.

I'd be interested in hearing what the quality is like for IV on Blu-ray, but it's not that big of a deal to me at all. It's a TV movie, and honestly my least favorite of the four. I wouldn't buy an entire set just for that movie.

I don't have Bates Motel, but do already own The Psycho Legacy. The set includes that horrible remake in it though? Ugh! I seriously wouldn't even want to own that on any format. :eek:

5. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

Yeah, if I didn't already own 90% of what's in the set I'd consider it. I wouldn't even mind having the remake in there - kind of like the Halloween set had the Rob Zombie versions included, it makes the set more complete even if most fans don't bother with the remakes.

I wonder if Psycho II & III have been very good sellers for Scream Factory. Even if they are I imagine part IV is a tougher sell since it was made for cable and never as widely seen. Then again, the Psycho name alone would probably guarantee bigger sales than a lot of their other releases. I always thought a double feature of part IV and Bates Motel would make a nice release, even if only a bare bones budget disc.

6. thing

thing Well-Known Member

Yeah, Psycho 4/ bates motel double feature has s place holder on br.com for a us release do may eventually get a release

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  7. thing

thing Well-Known Member

chancetx likes this.
  8. thing

thing Well-Known Member

Oh and I should add here.. for those who don't watch the review, that these are all region free :)

9. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I might make jokes about reviews thing but I dig your video reviews and appreciate the info. I'll be picking this one up.

thing likes this.
  10. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

thing also mentions that the PSYCHO IV BD will get a separate release at some point (I think he said the remake will as well) so it might be worth waiting if you already have the original and the Scream Factory II & III releases. Thanks for sharing the review, thing!

thing likes this.
  11. thing

thing Well-Known Member

Finally getting around to properly watching all the Psycho sequels again in this set!
    Psycho II is still pretty great but I am surprised at how well Psycho III is enduring on rewatch, I think I liked it better this time round. On to IV now