Puppet Master: Axis Termination (plus IndieGoGo Campaign)

Discussion in 'General' started by Nailwraps, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

2. Dave

Dave Pimp

If only I trusted Band enough to contribute, or liked these last few entries in the series. The glory days of Full Moon are long gone.

3. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

"This film is fully financed"
    Okey, so he just want to sucker fans into paying $50.000, for additional stuff, that might already have been shot, or isn't even needed ;)
    I don't trust that greedy bastard. He has tricked his fans many times before.

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yeah puppet master 1-5 are awesome but the rest sucked I will still buy it since I have em all on dvd but don't have high hopes for this film

5. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Maybe you didn't hear me. I said; stop-motion animated puppets!

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

sounds good on paper but will wait and see how it turns out this film cant be worse than the last 2 axis films though

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I don't see how you could go wrong with putting down $20 for the Blu-ray. I'm probably buying it anyways and if a pre-pre-order goes towards better effects including stop motion I'm down with that.

These last two were a clear step up and the latest a slight step of from the previous. So they can get a bit more ambitious and try for a bit more I'm interested in seeing it.

Nailwraps likes this.
  8. Dave

Dave Pimp

I think it could be very wrong because the movie is likely going to be terrible. I didn't buy either of the last two Puppet Masters on blu, nor am I likely to buy this one.

There's no tier levels on this campaign correct? So if $50k isn't reached, it's anyone guess which effects will be 'enhanced'. The donations have come to a complete standstill and they are likely going to end up between $5-$10k. Stop motion seems like a pipe dream.

Me, I'm just sticking with the new Puppet Master comics, which are actually amazing when compared to these new movies. I was a big full moon fan back in the day but in today's environment, full moon simply doesn't have a chance. They can't come close to matching the budgets of their releases from 25 years ago. Time to pack it in.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  9. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Let me rephrase then; those of us whom still subject ourselves to to such wrought may as well put in the advanced pre-order now. As this is a movie that's going to be made your money is probably going to go a lot further in this way than a purchase after. I'm not going to debate the merits of the films, just say that they've been on a slow but steady incline. And they might not make it all the way to $50k but often towards the end these drives get a good kick in the pants and get pretty far along.

I'm curious about the comics now though, as I've never bothered with them before. If they're so good I wonder if they tap those same writer(s) or not?

And hey, you were talking about dropping $100,000 for the two RotLD films before. I'm sure we could buy ourselves a Puppet Master film for the site for way less than that. Maybe we're approaching this from the wrong angle. :D Pool some serious cash from all off us and dictated some terms like, "full stop motion and show us how the money's spent on the animation. And put our site's name in there too."

10. Dave

Dave Pimp

Comics are here. Fun enough. The biggest positive is they aren't limited by a small budget.

11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Interesting, so these are just digital only? I purchased the #1 print comic a while back, I just figured they'd continue them in print format.

12. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Katatonia likes this.
  13. Dave

Dave Pimp

People still buy print comics? I swore them off for life.

14. Katatonia

I personally always prefer physical media to buying digital.

15. Dave

Dave Pimp

Yeah I'm just teasing. To each their own. For me, digital only. Well, except blus, of course. If I could buy a blu-ray digital image, I would. I now hate physical items with a passion.

16. Katatonia

I can definitely see the benefits of digital only; takes up no physical space, instantly available anywhere, etc... I just like to hold something in my hands; whether it be a CD, Vinyl, Book, etc.

I'll pick up the other physical comics though... I can't believe Charles Band wasn't sending out "OMG!!!!!!!!!! MORE Puppet Master Comics released!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or at least was selling them through the FM website, because it completely flew past me.

As for this IndieGoGo campaign though, I'll pass too. It just doesn't grab me, and you're right...the last couple of PM films haven't been the greatest. Well, actually no Full Moon movies have been too good in years. o_O

17. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Buying digital only anything is lame as fuck. My opinion of course.

18. Dave

Dave Pimp

We are going off topic. But I will say one last thing. I had an epiphany months back and decided to get rid of nearly all of my physical possessions. By the end of 2016 I will be at a point where I can fit all my possessions (excluding furniture) into my car. No intent on doing that, of course. I'll tell you though, it is a relief doing it. I actually wrote an article for the site that I was going to post. It was about why I went digital only.

19. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I'd love to read that article, Dave!

20. Dave

Dave Pimp

I may just post it as a thread. Once I finished the rough draft, I realized it has nothing to do with horror.

Steel76 likes this.