Puppet Master: Axis Termination (plus IndieGoGo Campaign)

Discussion in 'General' started by Nailwraps, Dec 14, 2015.

1. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Considering this is a Full Moon related thread we have every right to trash Band if we wanted to. Don't like it? put us on ignore. I love Empire/Full Moon but I'm not going to kiss the dude's ass because he made some films I liked in the past. The latest stuff are lazy cash grabs and that's it.

If the newest Puppet Master manages to be decent I'll gladly admit I was wrong but I HIGHLY doubt it will be. Sorry if you don't like my opinion but this is a discussion board and i discussed my thoughts.

Zombie Dude and Steel76 like this.
  2. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

This trend of e-begging for $$$ from fans to make movies is sickening. I haven't watched a Full Moon movie in ages, but how many Puppet Masters are there now? Ten? A dozen? Fifteen? A franchise that long-running can't secure its own financing? Absolute bullshit. This is just a scam to shift the financial risk away from the producers to the fans. The fact that people fall for it disgusts me. There's a sucker born every minute, a fool and his money, yada yada.

Steel76 and Zombie Dude like this.
  3. MisterTwister

The thing is this new Puppet Master needs a helluva lot more dough than what he's asking for. It's going to be the same old cheapo modern Full Moon Puppet Master movie.

Every single modern full moon movie, outside of Killjoy 3 & 4, have been downright terrible. Why do I keep watching? because I'm hoping for some kind of miracle. The last Evil Bong movie was a 50 minute ad for full moon merch. It was painful to watch Band become so desperate.

I don't need another Puppet Master III or Subspecies. I just want something entertaining like Head of the Family or Blood Dolls (sue me but im a big blood dolls fan).

othervoice1, Steel76 and Zombie Dude like this.
  4. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Who wants another Puppet Master III? That movie couldn't stop borrowing from Re-Animator long enough to be anything original. The one idea of its own it did have was to make the puppets "good" and, again, who wants that? They need to remain evil just so they can one day make a Puppet Master movie better than the first Child's Play. (Which won't be all that hard, between you and me.)

5. Dave

Dave Pimp

I don't know about this. I continue to watch Band's vidcasts that he releases periodically. He makes a good argument. I mean, how is a company like Full Moon making money these days? Twenty years ago it was easy - Blockbuster and Hollywood Video. Now, from what he stated in a vidcast, you get pennies from places like Netflix. Yes he has pushed his 'Netflix for Lunatics' (terrible tagline) service but who knows if he's making any money from that. The fact that he still doesn't have the promised Xbox support gives me no interest in even trying it. Back to the money, how is he supposed to make money? There can't be that much profit in selling $15 or $20 blurays.

Clearly low budget movies can still be made. I'll be using It Follows as the best recent example. Somehow those guys managed to get a few million dollars to make a movie. I know it happens a lot more than this. Unfortunately I just don't follow low budgeting film making too much.

Regardless, fans always have the option not to contribute. I have no problem in them asking. I generally agree that I'm not going to contribute until I see the finished product. I even skipped the Friday the 13th game because I'm fairly certain I will have no interest in a multiplayer only game.

othervoice1 likes this.
  6. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I loved Puppet Master 3 - Id gladly take another!

7. MisterTwister

Apparently a lot of people since it's the most popular of the series.

8. DVD-fanatic-9

A lot of people like Adam Sandler. These people are morons. A lot of people like The Office. These people aren't.

Popularity doesn't mean dick.

9. MisterTwister

True but that doesn't change the fact Puppet Master III is considered the best in the series. You can't hate all you want but that doesn't change anything.

Steel76 likes this.
  10. DVD-fanatic-9

Fine.

But in case anyone in the world needs a 2-second refresher for one of the most widely known facts of all-time: what the Nazi's did was a big deal and one of the most tragic, horrific blights on the record of history. No cheapo 80-minute killer doll movie is going to rectify that. Even if written with the piercing sociopolitical insight of Bride of Chucky-era Don Mancini.

Hell, I could go even further and say I'm offended that a movie as dull and lifeless as PMIII even tried. Most people don't even like it when 9/11 is mentioned in a horror movie and that has had hardly the same impact on arts, culture, and entertainment as the holocaust. I'll take the franchise's 2nd or 5th movies over this one any day of the week.

11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Never heard that before. I was under the impression most fans loved part 2 the most. If I'm rating the first five PM films I'd probably put the 3rd last. It's not that it's bad but I don't seem to have as much fun with it as I do with the others. That being said, it's been a very long time since I've seen 4&5.

12. MisterTwister

Most PM fans I've talked to consider 3 the best one. I maybe should've mentioned that instead of being a douche. Saying that it's much better than the original film. Much like the original Ghoulies that film focuses way too much on boring bland characters than the ghoulies/puppets.

DVD-fanatic-9 likes this.
  13. DVD-fanatic-9

I'm with Twister on the bad characters in the first film. But the first film also screws up the whole explanation for how the villain became such a powermad psycho. I think he literally dropped the word "metaphysics" and then just went, "oh yeah... your mind blown?" Did people forget you actually have to write a screenplay? The words don't just appear on their own.

But the first film still has a better setting, better ideas, and better atmosphere. Halloween has a killer stalking babysitters. Friday the 13th has camp counselors. Cheerleader Camp has cheerleaders. Puppet Master has a thing about picking off psychics. That right there is like a double-gimmick. Plus the "old" abandoned seaside hotel. It's a shame the final movie was so wonky and cheap.

Although I thought our original talking point was: [this] is what Puppet Master should be. If I were being 100% pressed for which film is the best, I would probably say part III right after the 5th film.

That's right, I think Puppet Master 5 is the best. The one with the random friend thrashing about in a hospital bed feeding them psychic doom readings, a band of redneck(?) nitwits breaking into the hotel, and did the alien cave people create that robot vision computer-screen VR goggle-eye thing or was it the blond guy?

I don't remember it well but I do remember it actually entertained me the whole way through.

14. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I think I like the atmosphere of the original better as DVD-fanatic-9 touched on. I'd say the same for Ghoulies, though I think neither 1 or 2 are particularly good films (I can't even sit through the sequel which I find terribly acted and boring) but I prefer the first due to the dark atmosphere.

I always found the pychic angle of the first PM to be fun and playful. Still, nothing against the 3rd PM, it's just not my favorite.

15. MisterTwister

Eh I'm done with this thread. Adios.

16. DVD-fanatic-9

Don't let the door hit you where the devil split ya.

17. Wernski

Wernski Member

I prefer the original, too; though I find all of the first three enjoyable. After that is where I check out.

18. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Just fyi today is the last day for Full Moon Directs 50% off Valentine's Day sale - I didn't pick up much since the blu rays appear cheaper on amazon anyways - but I did get the two puppet master plushies and the Blood Dolls dvd

The Full Moon Valentine's Sale has begun!
    50% off and Free Domestic Shipping.
    Sale ends Monday Feb 15th.
    Almost every item is on sale with very few exceptions.

http://www.fullmoondirect.com/

19. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Can't believe this slipped pass the radar. The first trailer premiered 2 weeks ago!:

fceurich39 likes this.
  20. Dave

Dave Pimp

Half the trailer is footage from earlier flicks with proper budgets. That has got to be a good sign!!!

Katatonia likes this.