Pyrokinesis

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by poorlogic, Aug 29, 2003.

1. poorlogic

poorlogic Guest

I saw it at Blockbuster and decided to rent it. Just wanted some feedback from anyone who might of seen it.

Looks like a Asian "Firestarter", although the trailer didn't look too interesting.

2. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

I saw the trailer on the VERSUS disc and have been totally dying to see this ever since. I am defintially going to order it with my next order from DVDEmpire. Please share your thoughts on the film when your done watching it. Thanks in advance!

3. chi

chi Guest

I bought this a few years ago under the name Cross Fire.
    My DVD actually says "Ross Fire" on the cover. I guess someone didn't think the C was that important.

It's ok, from what I remember. Haven't seen it in a while.

The FX are neat looking. Reminded me a little of Juvenile, if you've ever seen that.
    Cheapish looking film, then these sort of over the top digital effects out of nowhere.

Asian "Firestarter"
    Yup. That's exactly what it is.

4. Blade

Blade Guest

Is Cross Fire the original name? I bought it under that name too, and I was really surprised. The fire sfx arel really amazing, they look terribly convincing. There are some great actionscenes in there, and the ending is really cool. It's a sort of serious superhero movie with a healthy dose of drama. Really recommended.

5. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Finally saw this the other day, it was really really good. Not exactly horror, but still really entertaining.

The story was definitally the best part of this movie, followed by the cool characters. I wasn't very impressed with the FX, I thought they looked good somtimes and really crappy others.

6. Ravenheart

Ravenheart Guest

I have a VHS copy of this but I'd love to get it on DVD.Its just damn hard to find a DVD copy of it now for some reason.I should have got it when it first came out.