Question does the sony blu ray dvd player play well with a sony trintron tv not HD?

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by fceurich39, Oct 28, 2007.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

thionking about getting a better dvd player i have all sony brands is the new blu ray dvd player worth getting? also the tv i have is a trinitron sony flat screen tv that is not high definition will ithe blu ray player still work on it

2. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I believe if you use the component hookups standard dvds should play but I dont think blu rays will at all- but there is no point in paying so much money for a hi def player if you dont have a hi def set anyways?? a blu ray player on a non- hi def tv wont even make standard dvds look any better- I would just get a regular dvd player for cheap and worry about hd dvd or blu ray whenever you actually get a hi def television- by then maybe one or both formats will win out and players and movies will be cheaper also

3. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

yeah i agree with othervoice1's comments. alternatively, if you still want to waste money you can send it to Australia c/o me :)

but in all seriousness, there are so many great reasons to hold off upgrading to blu-ray/hd-dvd.. and if you don't have a hi-def tv anyway, well the hold off is really a no brainer imho

4. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

I agree, if you don't have an HDTV, don't bother buying a BluRay player. I'm pretty sure it'll play BluRays on a standard TV. But the picture won't be any better than a regular DVD.

Check this thread for more info:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=451129

If you're set about getting a Sony BluRay player, you should just buy the PS3. It'll play SD DVDs and PS3 games now. And then when you get an HDTV, it'll play BluRays.

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i was planning on getting the dvd player first then a hd tv in a couple months

6. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

i'd do it the other way around.. hd-tv first then a blu-ray or hd-dvd player later

7. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

If you're not in any rush, I'd suggest waiting and checking out the Christmas sales. Both sides are stressing the importance of the 4th Quarter figures. I have a feeling there's gonna be some excellent deals this holiday season.