Question? (& I'm New Here so Please Be Patient with me OK?

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by VWRA1Q2, Jan 21, 2012.

1. VWRA1Q2

VWRA1Q2 New Member

I recall some parts of a movie (Rented on VHS back in the 80's)..... I recall the story line & some things that happened.. But Can Not recall the name of the MOVIE any way anyone here might could help me?
    It was (I think would have been known as a "Slasher" movie... (Least my opinion.) As the killer used a "straight razor" the kind years ago folks actuall shaved with!
    I can share other parts of the "STORY LINE" if anyone here would care to try to help me recall the name of the movie?

2. rhett

rhett Administrator

Welcome to the boards! You'll find that our community is pretty damn good at identifying these movies...I don't think I've ever seen a movie NOT named in one of these vague "recall this movie" threads. Let us know all you remember about it and one of us will probably be able to help. Just knowing a stragith razor certainly narrows it down, but there are still a lot of slashers out there with that element.

3. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Yeah, share some plot details, and someone here will certainly be able to help! And welcome! :)

4. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

So the killer uses a razor, you say? And he kills people?

Ha ha, welcome aboard the board.

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Could be Dressed to Kill. There's at least one razor slashing in that.

6. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Welcome.

Share a few plot things, no matter how few you recall. I've seen these solved on as little as "a slasher from the 80's, had a dude who I've seen in a bunch of other movies but can't name, he wore a red shirt and a girl screamed when a cat jumped out, maybe".

Between everyone who posts here, all of these get solved. I can't think of any "what was this movie?" thread that never got nailed down, so you're at the right place. The straight razor might be enough :), but more plot/events would certainly narrow it further down.

7. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Wild guess, Centerfold Girls has razor blade usage in it.

8. VWRA1Q2

VWRA1Q2 New Member

Thank You ALL above for any help offered & Here goes with parts I do Remember "My Self".... It was along the "story line of The Last House On The Left" but with 1 MAJOR Twist! The man & woman (owners of the home) KNEW the killer had killed family of there! The killer (NOR The audience watching the movie knew this till the very end.) They had even hired a young prostitute to come to there home (knowing she would be attacked by the maniac) but was to ACT as a Family Member. She was the 1 he cut with the straight razor (& he enjoyed this HEDIOUS/PSYCHO Laugh) as the gir screamed. As best I recall they wound up drowning the killer in a pool. And made a comment as to wishing to pay the "prost" MORE for helping them as well as she did in getting there revenge on the killer. I hope the above can jar a memory, and someone will be able to share the name of this movie with me. If not I Thank You All again for trying. & if I can recall any more about it I'll share further. Also I'll be Glad to help if ever I needed to recall a name etc of 1 if ever asked myself.

9. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I sure hope it's not The Last Slumber Party, although that was a scalpel.

10. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Member

[​IMG]

Argento's Tenebre?

11. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Ya, it sounds like it could be any number of Italian slashers (giallos). Some plot details could help us unravel this mystery. Welcome to the board!

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

There are numerous films that have used straight razors. You might want to check this list.

13. VWRA1Q2

VWRA1Q2 New Member

Thank You ALL above! (For the "welcome aboards" & the offer to help.)
    I replied with details I was able to remember (But for some reason my reply didn't show up on here?) At least not as of yet.
    Also: I have found the Name Of The Movie I was asking help with! It was: "The House On The Edge Of The Park (1980)".
    Again I THANK YOU ALL above. I'm glad to be a Member here now; as I will again need help recalling a name of another one or etc. in the future, AND I'll be happy to help OTHERS if ever needed.
    Wish All here a Great/Safe day.

14. Chunkblower

Chunkblower Member

Sorry on the delay in posting - new members have their first 10 posts moderated as a SPAM precaution on the site. Glad you found what you were looking for though, it's always fun trying to figure out those movies you can only remember in fragments.

15. VWRA1Q2

VWRA1Q2 New Member

No Prob on "The Delay". I understand the reason to help keep "SPAMERS" out. Actually I appreciate that effort too!