Quick, Reply To This!....please.

Discussion in 'Laserdisc' started by Egg_Shen, Dec 1, 2001.

1. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

OK, maybe I'm a bit hasty in my purchases but I picked up a Pioneer CD CDV LD Player CLD-V2400. I bought this to get some of the movie features unavailable on DVD. Now the mail just brought me The Fog LD with commentary by John Carpenter and Debra Hill found on analog track one. Great, huh? Well I feel very naive now because I got the player without a remote. So how the hell do I get to analog track one. PLEASE HELP THIS POOR UNFORTUNATE FOOL.

2. jscott

jscott Guided By Voices

You probably won't be able to listen to the commentary without the remote. On my remote, there's a button marked "Digital/Analog audio", and another button to switch from Stereo, to dual right channel, to dual left channel. This is how I switch the audio for commentaries, isolated scores etc... Unless your player has a button marked like this on the front, you're s.o.l. untill you get a remote. BTW, The Fog laserdisc is awesome! One of my fav's.

3. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Well that realy sucks. I don't have a clue where to find a remote for this and now I'm realy pissed at myself. It's still cool to see it in widescreen though and the outakes are entertaining. Oh well.

4. jscott

jscott Guided By Voices

Have you looked at http://replacementremotes.com They would probably be able to get it. If not, write me back on this board, and I'll see if one's still availible from Pioneer directly (I work at a service center).

Last edited: Dec 1, 2001
  5. Pope V

Pope V Guest

I'd recommend buying a One For All programable remote. They come with codes in the booklet, and you can get specialized codes for your equipment through their website. I have a Cinema 7 and it does everything I need it to.

http://www.oneforall-int.com/comfiles/index2.html

6. jscott

jscott Guided By Voices

Thanks for the 1for all link. I really need a remote that controls more than just 3 devices (right now I have 7 different remotes).

7. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Thanks for the feedback. Can I get an all in one remote for a LD in the store or only online?

8. Pope V

Pope V Guest

There's a "where to buy" link on the site. (includes Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Sears. Pharmor, etc..)

If you do want to get one online, try J&R (I've had good luck with them in the past).
    http://www.jandr.com

9. killit

killit Active Member

1 800 remotes (no shit)

10. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Hey I picked up the cinema 7 one for all remote. I put in the pioneer LD code and can FF, RW and so on. The thing I still can't figure out is HOW TO CHANGE TO THE ANALOG TRACKS. Why, oh why :( .

11. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I should have piped in sooner

I always wondered if Universal remotes would do that. I mean, analog/digital track changing is a feature unique to laserdisc.

The good news is that Pioneer remotes are pretty universal. I'd look on E-bay and see if anyone is selling ANY Pioneer LD remote. Or just try replacementremotes.com.

There's also a page that has a lot of photos of different LD players and their remotes, so that might help. Unfortunately, I don't have the URL handy, it's on my work computer.

12. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Well you piped in a little late there but thanks none the less Paff. I'm wondering, though, if Pope V could perform this task with his remote. He recommended it and said it did everything he needed it to do.

13. Pope V

Pope V Guest

14. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Yeah, I saw that and filled it out. I guess patience is not a virtue of mine. So what do these advanced codes consist of? You know food for thought, until they get back to me.

Oh, and I did follow through on Paff's idea but couldn't find a single Pioneer remote on ebay. Patience....

15. Pope V

Pope V Guest

Well, you know.....remote stuff.
    You pick the device - plug in the code - pick which button you want that function to go to. For example: the standard code for my dvd set the fwd and rev as a standard "quick scan". I didn't care for that, so I used the codes to make it a 2x-4x scan. Also, the factory code for my receiver didn't have a button to change soundfield settings, but now it does

Hopefully, your codes will include the audio change - it wasn't pre-set for my dvd, but it's there now dammit!

good luck and save your receipt just in case!

pete

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2001
  16. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Yeah I realy hope it works. I have Escape From New York and the Halloween Criterion LD's on their way too. As I type this I sit looking at the ol' Jamie Lee trying to keep the fog at bay on the disks cover. I did watch it for the first time in it's original aspect ratio though, and since it's a Carpenter film that makes an immense difference.

17. Pope V

Pope V Guest

Now I really hope it works because the Halloween commentary is fuckin' great.

18. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Yeah, would imagine so. One thing though, now that you have shown yourself as an expert, does the Halloween commentary feature both Jamie Lee Curtis and Carpentrer or just JC on his own? I have seen it advertised both ways and, well, I was curious. Man, I realy hope it works.

19. Pope V

Pope V Guest

My LD player died and I sold off all my discs ('cept for the music ones - don't ask why) - so I don't have a solid reference here... But, I remember the commentary being mostly John Carpenter & Debra Hill. Dunno for sure because the LD player actually bit it in 99' so I've pretty much drank those memories away by now...

20. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Too bad about your player man. I didn't even know Debra Hill was in the commentary just JC and Curtis. I mostly have heard about the EFNY disk and it's track with Carpenter and Russell, now that'll be fuckin' great. Then again if the remote thing does't come through then I'm screwed, and nothing will be all that great.