Quick review of TRAUMA AB version

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by killit, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

The Medusa disc is incut but in Italian only.
    If you don't go for the AB one you should go for the one in my previous link.
    Amazon.co.uk carries it and alot of other British onliners too.

2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

This is really all I care about. Honestly, I think Trauma sucks, and longer murder scenes will not make it any better. I'd just like to see Dario's composition in widescreen, and that's about it.

3. killit

killit Active Member

The Referral

It's on the commentary mate, not a typo, just retarded. If you don't know what your talking about, then why talk about it? Yea, he knows fuck all about film. Haha, I just can't help it, you'll defend him to the death. :lol:

4. Crystal Plumage

Now,here we are.This is basically the review that will be posted @ DVD Times pretty soon.Be warned it doesn't sound good!!:
    Basically what I was afraid of after reading the Cartaio review :(.
    So now this means I have to find the Optimum release somewhere cheap :D.

5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

-- If you don't know what your talking about, then why talk about it? Yea, he knows fuck all about film. Haha, I just can't help it, you'll defend him to the death.--

:lol: You're missing the point, I'm not defending him - why would anyone bother? I'm simply amused that you insist on making general statements about nothing significant :D

You obviously have some envy thing going on - no big deal for me. I am sure Mr. Jones can defend himself :)

For the record, actors, driectors, and a slew of others make mistakes on commentaries all the time - I hardly think we can extrapolate they "know nothing about film" - but then, when you're envious, things look way worse than they truly are :)

-- Essentially, this only looks a tiny bit better than the dreaded Tartan DVD--

This is the issue I have with that review. The tartan disc isn't reference, but it's surprisingly good. Hardly "dreaded". It can be bettered for sure, but I'm not even considering upgrading unless I see the next disc for a couple bucks....

6. dwatts

dwatts New Member

-- If you don't know what your talking about, then why talk about it? Yea, he knows fuck all about film. Haha, I just can't help it, you'll defend him to the death.--

:lol: You're missing the point, I'm not defending him - why would anyone bother? I'm simply amused that you insist on making general statements about nothing significant :D

You obviously have some envy thing going on - no big deal for me. I am sure Mr. Jones can defend himself :)

For the record, actors, driectors, and a slew of others make mistakes on commentaries all the time - I hardly think we can extrapolate they "know nothing about film" - but then, when you're envious, things look way worse than they truly are :)

-- Essentially, this only looks a tiny bit better than the dreaded Tartan DVD--

This is the issue I have with that review. The tartan disc isn't reference, but it's surprisingly good. Hardly "dreaded". It can be bettered for sure, but I'm not even considering upgrading unless I see the next disc for a couple bucks....

7. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Watched Anchor Bay's Trauma last night and found the quality of the presentation rather pleasing.

Guess I'm in the minority... :eek: (I'm afraid I'd only caught the film on television before and this presentation was 500% better than the version I'd watched previously.)

For £9.99 delivered, I thought the package was good value for money. The only thing that really weed me off was the damn security stickers that made a real mess of the case.

8. killit

killit Active Member

9. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Dude, chill out. I've not done any attacking here, you have. If I wanted to insult you, I'd have done it by now.

DVD Connoisseur, have you compared the new disc with the older Tartan one?

10. killit

killit Active Member

?

I attacked who exactly? BTW if you think you're being respectful, you should really examine your posts. They read as if you're just trying to criticize me, the critique is not of me, but the dvd. I'm not angry, I just don't know where you are coming from.

11. dwatts

dwatts New Member

-- BTW if you think you're being respectful, you should really examine your posts.--

Dude, take it to PM if you must. I wouldn't say I was being "respectful" to you, only that I wasn't attacking you. I'm indifferent, just laughing at your making wild accusations about Alan Jones, who happens to have written a pretty definitive tome on Argento. Or at least, I've not read a better one. Anyone who suggest he's knows "nothing about film" is just way off. he might had made errors, but knows nothing?

I'm not "coming from" anywhere. Still, it's not a discussion for general consumption, so if you want to debate it, PM is the way to go.

12. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I won this at Horrorfind tonight. I had never seen this film before so I have no basis for comparison on the cut footage. Needless to say I thought it was a decent film and the transfer was great.

13. killit

killit Active Member

Yea, it's a good film

I like it cause it's weird, I love all the seance scenes. "HE WASSSN'T THE FIRST AND HE WON'T BE THE LASSST!" It's OTT, but in an absolutely brilliant way, and Asia's performance is awesome, it's really different. The credits scene is awesome too I love it. Yea, and IT IS interlaced.

14. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Sorry, 'fraid not. I was holding out for the AB release.

15. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Killit, this is really over the edge. First of all, what's wrong with someone criticizing you when he thinks you're wrong? Second of all, Alan Jones is a film critic, not a film technician, and third, none tried to insult you nowhere in this thread. Your knee-jerk reaction has left me stupified and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Anyway, Dwatts (with whom I rarely agree, but I like to EXCHANGE different views with - that's the point of posting on a F O R U M) is right when he suggests that you are making general statements about nothing significant. What's your problem with Jones? I'm sure most people here would like to know.

16. killit

killit Active Member

Chaostar, I have no vendetta against jones, I was simply stating my opinion on his contribution to this disc. Dwatts and me, have worked it out privately, and agree that no real feelings were involved. What's so funny, is that, dwatts has never really rubbed me wrong. My comments about jones are valid and were jokingly over the top. I was a film critic for two years, and I was taught it was essential to know the technical aspects as well as theory. Yeah, I went to film school and yes, I've worked a lot with film but I happen to agree. What I do agree with dwatts, is plenty, one point being, that Argento isn't represented well enough in print. Jones' book adds to argento's exposure, even if it is almost entirely directed at an established fanbase. As far as that goes I absoluetly agree, does it make him untouchable, absolutely not. I did not go the extra mile with the review, it was done as a blurb, and was suppose to be funny, nor did i expect or prepare to deal with so many questions. I do ask you, what Jones contributes to the genre, leaves him untouchable. But the scores and scores of dvds Anchor bay and Shreik Show have brought you, you abandon them and dismiss them at the drop of a hat or in this case an interlaced transfer. I respect your opinion chaostar, and maybe you undertand or maybe you don't. I've respected everyone enough to answer, even when honestly, I didn't care to. I want to lay this to rest. DVD discussion go on, but the other is way too intense, especially for a message board.

17. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

You go girl! *snap, snap*!

18. Crystal Plumage

19. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

None is untouchable (and I like ART OF DARKNESS more). The thing that bugged me is that you seemed quite biased but I didn't get that you were supposed to be funny. Ok, point taken then! :)

20. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

What's the deal with AB and interlaced transfers recently? It doesn't really affect me since I don't have an HD setup, but it doesn't seem to make sense for AB to suddenly go interlaced, especially with all the heat SS got for the same thing.