Rabid Remake - Soska Sisters

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Jul 11, 2019.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The trailer for the Rabid remake is now available:

There is a UK blu-ray listing available for pre-order. Street date is October 7th.

Last I heard, Shout Factory had acquired the US rights. I would expect some kind of US release on or before then, probably via VOD.

hots4 and russweiss like this.
  2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

And the original is having a 2 disc re-release here in the UK, with limited edition slip and booklet, details here:

https://101-films-store.myshopify.c...d-edition?mc_cid=683f374a45&mc_eid=63a20a2725

Stige likes this.
  3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Well I can't say that looked good but some aspects seem interesting. I never liked the original film. This new one looks cheap judging from the trailer but I'm digging the mutation aspect. Looks like there's a Dead Ringers homage in there too with the red robed surgens.

4. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I've only seen the original once but I liked it. I want to see it again though. I remember it had a some social commentary in the movie. I didn't know the lead actress was an XXX star when I watched it. But the ending was sad. I see the actress who played Supergirl is in the remake. She was in another I think horror type TV show I never finished.

Also I like it when movies from different countries have a different feel. Or at least the locations in the original felt different when I watched it. Perhaps a bit familiar though too with some of the architecture. I thought the director sisters were remaking the other apartment movie with the hot nurse? Perhaps that's someone else. Both of these would be a good double feature for me to rewatch.

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I watched this a few nights ago and thought it was OK. Not something I'd go out and buy but fine for a movie night with some pizzas and drinks sort of thing.
    I think if they dropped the whole rabies angle and focused more on the lead and her metamorphosis it could have been better. It feels a bit detached having the rabies stuff. It felt like it didn't need to be there and was just tacked on. I know the film is called Rabid so it fits the title, it just didn't fit the story they were trying to tell in my opinion. Plus the rabid just feel like zombies which in turn feels cleche.