Rate/Comment on A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by horror addict, Sep 15, 2004.

?

Rate/Comment on A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge

1. 10

4.2%
  2. 9.5

4.2%
  3. 9

5.6%
  4. 8.5

6.9%
  5. 8

16.7%
  6. 7.5

8.3%
  7. 7

25.0%
  8. 6.5

8.3%
  9. 6

5.6%
  10. 5.5

1.4%
  11. 5

2.8%
  12. 4.5

1.4%
  13. 4

2.8%
  14. 3.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. 3

4.2%
  16. 2.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. 2

1.4%
  18. 1.5

1.4%
  19. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. horror addict

horror addict Member

locked in my room with tons of horror dvds
    Rate/Comment on A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985)

I'll start with one of the most reviled sequels ever but one I happen to like Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge. I think this movie is given a bad rap because it's different from all the other Nightmare movies, and because of the heavy gay undercurrents. :gay: I will admit that the story doesn't make much sense and seeing Freddy whip Marshall Bell's naked ass with a towel is pretty stupid. :fucked:

However I find the movie just weird enough to be entertaining. It has a unique and slightly fucked-up charm not duplicated in the rest of the series. Also, Freddy is still very dark and sinister in this movie, unlike the burned stand-up comic he became in later films. In my opinion the film's best assets are:

1. One of my favorite Freddy lines ever: "You are all my children now."

2. The opening dream sequence on the schoolbus is one of the best in the series.

3. Robert Rustler's cool and likable Grady character. "Hey Grady you remember your dreams?" "Only the wet ones."

4. Marshall Bell's Coach character. He's almost creepier than Freddy because he could be real. :nervous:

5. Jesse's horrible bedroom dance routine, and subsequent catching by his Mom and Lisa. :lol:

6. That kickass sequence where Freddy tears his way through Jesse's body into the real world.

7. Kim Myers= :sperm:

8. Freddy's pool party massacre. "Help yourself fucker!"

9. Clu Gulager's hilariously campy performance. "Animals don't just explode into flames for no reason." :D

10. And Finally Christopher Young's dark and creepy soundtrack, that unfortunately would never be heard from again.

I will very interested to see how this poll develops.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004
  2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I give this a 6. A low point in the ANOES series. In fact, I think this is the worst sequel so far. Very average and the story does kind of suck. Dream Warriors replaced all that thankfully.

3. PMcG_6

PMcG_6 Guest

8 for me. I love my cheese. There's gay undercurrents in this? :eek1: I thought they were pretty obvious. ;)

4. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I don't like this film not for its Gay-anything (none of that was remotely disturbing...I could even relate to a few things but the horror element of *that* is unncessary). It's just a piss-poor follow-up to the creative original. Nothing about this flick is as edgy, creative, innovative or scary as the first film.
    I do, however, love the 80's atmosphere. I wore those very clothes that Grady and Jesse did. Even had a light-green version of one of Grady's shirts.

5. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

The best of the sequels, Freddy was still dark and not a fucking comedian. 8/10

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i give this a 8.5 i liked it alot of course i like all the freddy films except part 5

7. Salty

Salty Guest

The movie has some cool scenes but overall I find this sequel to be the least entertaining of the series. I even had more fun with Freddy's Dead than this one. I give it a five. :(

8. Morg

Morg Guest

None beat the original. Gave it a 6.

9. horror addict

horror addict Member

Thrashard 76 wrote:
    Thrash, do you really think 2 is worse than Freddy's Dead. I always thought that movie was far and away the worst sequel. Since I love the Freddy character I still watch and enjoy part 6 occasionaly, but the whole comedian Freddy ruins most of it for me. I mean at least in 3 and 5 he still tried to be creepy, and in 4 his one-liners are actually funny.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004
  10. horror addict

horror addict Member

Wago 70 wrote:
    I completely agree. I never said the movie was great or even good in the normal sense of the word. I just think it's a fun, sometimes cool peice of 80's cheese. :banana:

11. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Total guilty pleasure.

12. Crazy Ralph

Crazy Ralph Guest

This is the worst of the series.... YES, even Freddy's Dead is better.

I give it a 4

13. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I gave it an 8, But bought this film second last of all the series. I found it hard to appreciate at first but a friend of mine got me to view it again and now I fully enjoy the gore and cheeze.

I also want to add that the concept for this one was a bit ahead of it's time.
    The idea of Freddy using somone else to do his bidding in the "real" world seems like something you'd see in later sequels - you know, after the usual thing got a bit tired.

I actually really like this one.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
  14. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Right behind the first and pretty even with NEW NIGHTMARE, which was a great concept but not realized as well as it could have been IMO. This has a ton of creepy themes and scenes that really pushed it above the other lame sequels.

15. Atmims

Atmims Guest

It's been a while since I seen it so I won't vote, but I agree with those that say it's the best sequel. It's really the only one I cared for.

16. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Pretty good sequel....there were a few that I thought were worse than this.

17. micrococcus

micrococcus Member

I Love It

I love this 2nd entry of the Nightmare on Elm Street series mainly because it's still very scary till the 4th installment.

18. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Again, I must say part 2 is the worst. The whole movie bored me and it in itself puts me to sleep. :sleepy:

19. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I gave it an 8.5. It is my favorite sequel. The story plays a bit odd at times but I think that adds to the odd charm of it. I love the overly dark tone of the movie. The mid 80's fashions were also great. This was the first movie I saw in the series. I was around 11 and it was on HBO one night, and it is the first time I can remember a movie scaring me so much I couldn't sleep.

20. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Gave it a seven, with the exception of Wes Craven's New Nightmare I thought all the sequels sucked. I agree the opening sequence with the schoolbus is awesome and the fact that Freddy is not yet the wisecracking cartoon he eventually became redeems the film somewhat too. Ultimately, I thought it was a lame ass attempt to remake the first film with a male lead. Oh yeah, the Gene Simmons tongue bit on the girl's breast was memorable too.