Rate/Comment on A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by horror addict, Sep 15, 2004.

?

Rate/Comment on A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge

1. 10

4.2%
  2. 9.5

4.2%
  3. 9

5.6%
  4. 8.5

6.9%
  5. 8

16.7%
  6. 7.5

8.3%
  7. 7

25.0%
  8. 6.5

8.3%
  9. 6

5.6%
  10. 5.5

1.4%
  11. 5

2.8%
  12. 4.5

1.4%
  13. 4

2.8%
  14. 3.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. 3

4.2%
  16. 2.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. 2

1.4%
  18. 1.5

1.4%
  19. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

I gave it an 8. It's not my favourite sequel of the series, but it's not as bad as some people make it out to be either. It's better than part 5 IMO.

2. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

It's mid-rung for me.The director has done better (THE HIDDEN,ALONE IN THE DARK).On the positive side it has some of Freddy's most quoted lines and a good score.On the negative,the male lead is pretty feeble.The gay angle was odd.7.

3. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Had it's (cheesy) moments, loved the ending.

4. Il Corvo

Il Corvo Guest

Gave it a 3. The only low point in the NOES serie (with Part 5), IMO.

5. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

One of the best in the series. I gave it an 8/10.

6. satanservant

satanservant Guest

7 Considering the series this is one of the better ones.

7. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

This and Dream Warriors were almost as good as the first film.

8. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

The first three movies in this series were great then they went downhill fast even though I did like Freddy's Dead. That's not always a popular opinion, I know but for some reason I liked that one.

9. Willz18

Willz18 Guest

I loved this one, Freddy was still pretty dark, had some good one liners and it also had Kim Myers init.

After number three, the franchise went to pot

10. Tad Ghostal

Tad Ghostal Guest

Totally dumb. The worst in the serious. I hated the lead kid. Even "Freddy's Dead" is better. This makes little sense in the mythology of the series. Why is Freddy trying to get into the real world? In the first one, he's defeated because he's brought into the real world.

11. Wizejoker

Wizejoker Guest

My third favorite of the series... 7/10

12. Severn

Severn Member

I gave it an eight.

It's great bad movie that has a huge WHAM! factor.

13. zombiexfan

zombiexfan Guest

i liked it for a sequel i gave it a 5.5 , the coach thing was funny , but it didnt have the magic like part 1

14. SONIChaos

SONIChaos Guest

Three. I'm a Freddy fan, and every movie gets above a five except this one. Trash.

15. DownRodeo

DownRodeo Guest

A 6.5 seems fair to me. It actually is a better sequel, IMO, than say..Part Five: The Dream Child. It's just that the concepts of some of the other sequels didn't step on the toes of ANOES mythology, were better thought out, and sounded good *on paper*.

16. SONIChaos

SONIChaos Guest

ANOES 2 broke so many boundaries that ANOES had set--that didn't sit too well with me.

17. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

This is the most enjoyable Freddy film of them all. I love it.

18. Cantona07

Cantona07 New Member

Speaking of a Freddys Revenge, here is something I wrote about a while ago.......

I disagree with the following statements made in the review.

Chaskin's first storyline has some ludicrous angles:

1) Why would Jesse let his gym teacher Coach Schneider take him to the school campus, make him run laps, and shower off in the middle of the night?

When watching the film for the first time the director is trying to confuse the audience on whether this scene is a dream or is it real. The scene where Jesse is running laps, is fairy misty and foggy possibly indicating a dream.

In anycase at this point in his life Jesse is very confused and troubled, he cant make sense between the barrier of reality and falsehood, just like when an individual is high on drugs (as the scene indicates where Jesse's father asks him if he is on drugs). There is also the possibility that Coach Schneider is gay which does not help the situation.

2) In his pursuit of a victim, why would Freddy choose to bite a leg instead of utilize the razor sharp claws we all know and love?

This particular scene for me is typical Freddy, teasing, playing with his victims, as Freddy said in the first movie in the boiler room to Nancy 'I'll kill you slow' (keeping in line with the first movie).

He simply saw the leg in his sights and decided to give it a bite. It is imporatnt to remember that Jesse is part of Freddy's character and vice versa, so 'utilizing the razor sharp claws' for a quick kill would be perceived as more difficult under the present situation as signified at the end house scene ( Freddy wanting to strike, but 'Jesse' pushing Lisa to one side and jumping out the glass window. ('I love you Lisa').

3) Why would a 'suspenseful' scene revolve around a lovebird bursting into flames in the living room?

At this point in the movie Freddy is starting to breaking through the barrier of reality and dreams. The bird bursting into flames could be a part of Freddys humorous character, later fully exploited in the sequels.

4) Don’t even get me started on the Coach’s "torture" of being attacked by balls.

Again, its the issue of dreams meeting reality. Dreams in themselves can be weird. It was just the case of Freddy wanting to attack at a place and time when the victim was surrounded by gym equipment!. As far as I remember there were no dangerous items on display in the coaches office eg knifes etc, so Freddy decided to use anything he can to inflict as much damage as possible. The gym rope scene was like ' You like S and M, well your gonna get it Freddy Style!

It is important to use one's imagination and 'read between the lines' when watching a movie or reading a film script as movies don't have time to explain all the reasons for 'why and how'. Yes some can be answered but not all.

5)Mark Patton was simply a poor choice for the lead.

I believe Mr Pattons performance was excellent. His take on 'loosing control' was brilliantly executed, some famous lines which stick to my mind include:

'Last night he made me go to my sisters room'
    'He owns me'
    'Get outa her Lisa!'
    I've got blood on my hands'

The above quotes were taken from the end scene just after 'he' kills Grady and then visits Lisa.

6)Even the great Robert Englund seems to take a step backwards in his role as Freddy. He spends the majority of the film hiding in shadows, tarnishing his menacing image from the first movie.

I Believe that is what Freddy should be about. The essence of evil, hiding in the shadows, not showing too much, but enough.

The lighting in Freddy's Revenge was fantastic, making it a more darker movie. This lighting is executed wonderfully in the scene where Freddy is looking at Lisa just after the pool scene and before he disappears into a wall of fire. The use of the fire to lighten up his face is a scene that will stick with me every time I mention this film. You can see that Freddy hiding in the shadows throughout most of the movie is more of a build up to the end finale, seeing his face in the full, in the light.

As I have said before, this for me is one of the best in the series. Dark, grusome, and scary, just the way Freddy Kruger is meant to be............

19. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

gave it a 7.5 i remember it was the only one I hadn't seen of the TNOES series for the longest time and all my friends told me it sucked. so when i finally saw it i had low expectations. I liked it. wasn't as scary or mind-bending as the first one was but Freddy was still dark in this movie. that being said, this is probably my second least favourite TNOES movie, but unlike Freddy's Dead (Roseanne Barr ew!!) i actually got some enjoyment out of it. Freddy's Dead was just horrendous...and not in a good way.

20. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

It's a 6 which is a little above average. The thing that kills it for me though is the score! It's horrendous, sounds like whales were recorded for the music. On the upside, Freddy is a still a dark, sinister character and the scenes of Mr. F ripping out of Jesse's body and going berserk at the pool party are awesome. I also love the scene of Jesse dancing to the somewhat obscure early freestyle tune "All Night Long" by Wish and Fonda Rae. Luna may be familiar with that one.