Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Ash28M, Oct 6, 2004.
Sam Raimi's Horror/Comedy, semi-remake follow up to his demon classic. Evil Dead 2
I rate it a 10. One of the rare times when a sequel is actually better then the original movie.
My favorite movie. Ever. Hence, it got a 10 from me.
My second favorite Evil Dead movie. Gets a solid 9 from me.
8.5. One of the best movies that use comedy and horror elements very well.
9.5 this one is my favorite of the evil dead series
Solid 10. I actually like it just a tad more than the original.
10. Humor, horror, and Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi. Way too much fun.
My favorite of the three. Some good old fashioned kick ass horror. Gave it a 9.
Gave it a 10 as well. By far my favorite of the series.
It will always hold a special place as it's the only one of the Trilogy I saw in the theater. Even better, I was tripping (literaly) the first time I saw it so it scared the shit out of me. I discovered the humor in the VHS days.
Good movie but not better than the first in my opinion, it is basically a remake of the first but with the plot moved aside for more gags. Hell of alot of fun but I was disappointed when I first saw it. To enjoy it more I think you kind of have to view the first and second film together as one longer movie, otherwise it seems like rehash instead of continuing the story where the last one left off. Also, in the retelling of the events of the first film they changed the story and altered characters which has confused many a people. It makes it seem like Ash left, got himself a new girlfriend and then decided to take her back to the cabin. Even AB who on the back of their DVD say Ash returns to the same cabin. I would have given it higher marks had they made the plot a bit more clear. Otherwise, a good movie, definitely worth the cult status. I score it a 7.
Well, the first 7 minutes or so is a remake/recap because they coudnt get the rights to the original Evil Dead footage I think.
This is easily my favorite of the trilogy. I've seen it probably 50 times since it came out and it's still just as fun as ever to me. I give it a 10.
10. I love all the Evil Dead Movies. I have the limited edition tin, # 22 out of 50,000.
I gave it an 8. It certainly has its moments. Why not a ten?
1. To much humor. Actually, there is virtually no horror in this one, it plays like an Abbot and Costello movie. Yeah there's blood, but it's the joke kind.
2. It set the tone for the third part, which is a nose dive into yet more humor - except Monty Python had used all the best gags for the setting. This could have been a great horror trilogy - instead as a whole, it's wasted.
3. It tris too hard (and they tried even harder in Part III), to make every line a "memorable one liner". It's working so hard it's hard work to watch.
Still, as a one-off I'd have liked it more.
Gave it a ten. An absolute classic. (I still think the first Evil Dead is the best of the three, though.)
A ten... the best of the evil dead trilogy and my favorite movie. I love ED and AOD, but this is the best.
I liked the first a bit more.Though Raimi's camerawork in ED2 is better IMHO.
what makes this movie the best for me is the great commentary.