Rate/Comment On The Last House on the Left (1972)

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Ash28M, Oct 12, 2004.

?

Rate/Comment On The Last House on the Left (1972)

1. 10

18.2%
  2. 9.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 9

16.4%
  4. 8.5

9.1%
  5. 8

10.9%
  6. 7.5

9.1%
  7. 7

10.9%
  8. 6.5

3.6%
  9. 6

5.5%
  10. 5.5

1.8%
  11. 5

7.3%
  12. 4.5

1.8%
  13. 4

3.6%
  14. 3.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. 2.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. 1.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. 1

1.8%
  20. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Wow, I think I just lost all respect for you right there. You have the balls to attack the Friday the 13th films and Wes Craven with passion and vigor... But Michael Bay you let walk away SCOTTFREE?!!

2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Well what I meant was that his movies were more consistent 20 years ago. Schindler's List is a beautiful film, and Munich and Jurassic Park were pretty good too. He was just more consistent about 20 years ago.

Oh Jesus FUCKING Christ, here we go again...

~Matt

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

:lol:

Frankly, I'm as surprised as you that he has even heard of the word "respect" before. :D

4. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Honestly... But like, this is getting ridiculous.

~Matt

5. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

But what I love most is how he completely missed this:

Matt89: "Actually, I think Armageddon is one of his better films. I mean there's a few of his movies I liked (Pearl Harbor, Transformers) but I wouldn't call them 'good' films. In general, he's a pretty generic filmmaker..."

That's letting him walk away scott free? I fully said he wasn't a good filmmaker and his movies weren't even "good". Whatever...

~Matt

6. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Matt TOTALLY loves Michael Bay.

He is watching Bad Boys II right now.

7. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

What happened to this being a thread about how much you enjoyed the film? Who cares what genre it is? I just watched the DVD after not seeing the film for over a decade and while it is well made overall it amazes me that 13 people actually said the film is a 10. To me a 10 would be a film that mesmerizes you throughout it's entirety. This film certainly does not. From the slow start to the ridiculous parody of the police officers (not to mention the incredibly dumb scene with the lady driving the truck full of chickens). I still gave the film a 6.

8. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I like a lot of Michael Bay movies as well. What can I say, he nows how to blow shit up very well! But I agree, his movies aren't good at all, fun, but far from good. Did he do The Rock? Love that movie!

9. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah man ALL the time LOL. :rolleyes:

~Matt

10. DVD-fanatic-9

That's precisely my point. You think that's a criticism? Like I said before, you were much harsher on the Friday the 13th films (and their fans), and Wes Craven. Yet, Michael Bay is far more deserving of hate and disdain. And your opinion is that he's "generic"??!! He's a completely talentless hack!

I'll bet he does!

11. maybrick

Says you. And if Matt was more harsh on F13 who the hell cares? It isn't as if the series is that great and untouchable, either. You're comparing shit to shit, so which one do you want: constipation or the runs? Only you think it's a necessity of life to be "harsh" on things you don't like. Most of us have less extremist views on life than you. Get used to it.

12. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Well in all fairness, I'm pretty sure he pre-ordered the new Friday Blu Ray, and plans on getting 2 and 3 on Blu as well. I haven;t even ran out and bought them yet, and the Friday films are some of my favourite horror films. have you even ran out and bought them yet? He never said he hates the films, it sounds to me like he enjoys them quite a bit, he just said they aren't very well made, and in all honestly, they're not. I love them, but I can admit they aren't amazingly directed, acted, scripted, ect. films. I think you just need to be able to tell the difference between a well made movie, and a fun one. And yes, there is quite a difference.

There is nothing wrong with liking, or loving for that matter, a fun movie, but you should be able to tell the difference of whether it is well made or not. It seems like because you like it though, you will defend to your grave that they are well made movies, but come one, honestly they are not! Accept it and move on. Lets not have another Deadly Friend thread here. Actually, how the hell does a thread about Last House turn into a thread about Friday and Michale Bay anyways!? But yeah, just because it' not very well made, doesn't mean you can't enjoy it! And I guess for slasher standards they are pretty good, but compared to other important pieces of cinema they are not. That's all he's saying, and I think all fans of the franchise can admit that. I'm not embarrassed by it, as I'd rather watch them then a lot of cinema's best, and you shouldn't be either.

Same goes for Michael Bay, he makes fun summer blockbuster movies. If you want to see shit blow up, he's the guy to do it. But no one is going to argue that Michael Bay is an amazing Director. Then again, he does have two movies in Criterion's Collection... what drugs were they on then!?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  13. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Uhhhh.....dude....ANYTHING is criticism! Whether you liked the film or not, whether you thought the dialogue was good, whether you thought the characters were well-written, whether you thought the storyline worked. Yes he's GENERIC. Do I really need to constantly repeat these kinds of things to you!!???

In terms of Michael Bay, no he not a completely talentless hack. Can YOU direct action sequences the way he can? I seriously doubt it. He's a very good ACTION filmmaker. Unfortunately most of his films fall flat on thier face in terms of storyline, character development. However, his action sequences? Brilliant. But the fact that every other aspect of his films fail, yes that makes him QUITE generic.

And youu've lost respect for me because I bash Friday films for not being good? I LIKE the films (seriously, HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS!!!? I LIKE them, yes I do have the blu-ray, but I don't think they're well-made. Why? BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING NOT!) Get a fuckin' clue buddy, you think Deadly Friend is a good movie and that's enough to warrant you a complete fucking moron. You jump into this thread with the INTENTIONS of starting anargument. Just shut the fuck up for once, nobody wants to hear your stupid fucking shit.

Oh and what? Are you gonna send me another PM telling me how much of a prick I am? Grow the fuck up.

~Matt

14. Angelman

Can we call a truce?

Seriously... let's just let this go. No more name calling, it like being on Ain't it Cool News or something! Let's agree to disagree.

15. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I'll let it go when he stops bringing it up at random through PMs and in every goddamn thread. There was no argument until he chimed in attempting to start one.

~Matt

16. Angelman

So: DVD-Fan-9, you don't PM Matt anymore and we'll all agree to disagree and we get back to loving horror films, cool?

When people get called "prick" or whatever over a horror film it's time to take a step back and chill.

To use the flick's tagline: keep telling yourself IT'S ONLY A MOVIE IT'S ONLY A MOVIE IT'S ONLY A MOVIE...:)

Right? It is only a movie.

17. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

As much as I'd love for that to happen, I don't think it will. DVD-fanatic's already admitted to being stubborn. Hell, I'm willing to let it go (thought people already had) but for some reason it keeps getting resurrected in every damn thread. But it's like he's the only one who seems to have a problem when I say Friday the 13th movies AREN'T well-made. Everyone knows they're bad films, yet we all enjoy them don't we? (I sure as hell do.) He's the only person who seems to have difficulty swallowing the fact that they're NOT masterpieces as much as he thinks they are.

Like your little play on words there with the film's tagline, though. That should be the site's slogan. :D

~Matt

18. maybrick

It isn't even that, Matt. You definitely aren't first person on this site to say these are "bad" films (not by a long shot!), but he only has a problem with YOU saying that they aren't well made. He's singling you out buddy, just as he singled me out for calling LAST HOUSE a rape/revenge film.

Not trying to gang up on dvd-fanatic here, but I do believe that there's a conscious decision on his part to start arguments with people.

19. DVD-fanatic-9

Only when they're in the wrong. And this clearly isn't fun for me. I'm sick and tired of Matt getting away with his superior attitude yet I get bashed for it. He's doing the same fucking thing and getting away with it!! Again, scottfree.

And, Matt, you are in no position to be saying things like - "Do I really need to say this to you." None at all. If you can't see, and you even ASKED me how, how you are continually insulting and bashing Friday the 13th fans - you are an idiot. Okay - no argument about that. I'm sick of your fucking bullshit. You know you have an attitude about letting people get passionate about the films getting quality releases and all you do is come up with excuses for getting you off the hook for bashing people! Nobody cares what you think about "Paramount's good work" - OBVIOUSLY there was room for improvement. Quit fucking telling people they're idiots for expecting Paramount to do their fucking job on these releases.

You tell me I'm confronting you on all these posts - yet you purposefully interrupt posts about the Friday the 13th releases and insult the fans over and over again. You don't want other people insulting you and calling you out. Then quit doing it to other people, you fucking hypocrite!

When Matt sees his hypocritical ways and quits going onto Friday the 13th threads with nothing constructive to say - I'll back off. But until then, cut the bullshit Matt. You clearly have a reason to let Michael Bay off the hook. I refuse to be so generous. He may know how to direct things blowing up but I wasn't aware that was a difficult thing to do.

20. maybrick

Speaking as a Friday the 13th fan, Matt (who is ALSO a Friday the 13th fan btw) isn't insulting me. I doubt anybody aside from you is!

So drop it, already, and quit being so goddamn oversensitive. Seriously. You're being a baby.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009