Rate/Comment On The Last House on the Left (1972)

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Ash28M, Oct 12, 2004.

?

Rate/Comment On The Last House on the Left (1972)

1. 10

18.2%
  2. 9.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 9

16.4%
  4. 8.5

9.1%
  5. 8

10.9%
  6. 7.5

9.1%
  7. 7

10.9%
  8. 6.5

3.6%
  9. 6

5.5%
  10. 5.5

1.8%
  11. 5

7.3%
  12. 4.5

1.8%
  13. 4

3.6%
  14. 3.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. 2.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. 1.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. 1

1.8%
  20. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Well good for you then. I guess you can take it as well as you dish it out.

I take that back.

You're right about one thing, even if you didn't know to say it - I am wasting my time on Matt and he clearly is worth it to spit on. I can't believe I let someone who would let Michael Bay off so easily agree with me on Maniac and lecture me on Child's Play 2. I don't know who's a bigger joke here, but he clearly is the bigger PHONY!

2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Errr....if you know anything about film production, you'd know that special effects sequences require a lot of setup and everything has to go perfecctly as planned. It is a quite difficult thing to do. No he's not a good director, but his ACTION sequences are quite well-directed.

And how do I insult the fans? Where exactly do I butt in!? Where!? Oh in the Friday the 13th review where someone said they were gonna somehow get their hands on the discs and just copy them? Copyright infrigement? Being a "DVD fanatic" I'm shocked that you'd take that with a grain of salt. And yes, people who keep bitching and whining about Paramount's releases are idiots if they keep buying every single release. I've bought every release - Friday the 13th was the FIRST movie I bought on DVD. But I'm not complaining here. You're the only one who takes it as being insulting. We ALL know these are bad films, why can't you realize this? And, if you look at another thread, it's been stated that Paramount had always had the film framed in the wrong ratio, and the "uncut" version is the way the movie was supposed to be shown. It was a conscious decision on the director's part. So, actually...Paramount got it right. Friday the 13th was a low-budget movie, so this is all definitely possible (the framing issues).

And why do you look at everything so one-sided? I was stating before (long ago) that Paramount had given Friday the 13th films quite good treatment by comparison to other releases that are STILL barebones (not even a trailer!).

And no I'm not constantly bashing the Friday the 13th fans. You're the ONLY one who seems to be taking this so personally. Like I've said DOZENS OF FUCKING TIMES. And yes I CLEARLY DO NEED TO SAY "How many times do I need to say this?" because YOU DO NOT LISTEN!!!!! I AM A FRIDAY THE 13TH fan, I have the boxset, I own an original poster of part 1, I have the novelizations of parts 1, 2, 3 and 6. I love these movies, but they're BAD FILMS. Get it through your fucking head. That's all I was trying to say in the first place.

I don't have a superior attitude unless you make me out to have one. You're the one who said "Matt you think you're better than me." And no I don't think that. It's only when you go on bashing a movie like The Thing and then go all up in arms about how much of a "good" movie Deadly Friend is. You like it, that's cool, but it's a SHITTY movie. You don't seem to know the difference between liking/disliking a film and whether it is good or not.

~Matt

3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Correction: A BIG Baby! :rolleyes:

4. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Oh shut the hell up, you think Deadly Friend is a good movie. Seriously, that's the biggest joke ever. And I'm an idiot? Well, I get 80s on my film history and film theory essays...shows I know SOMETHING. They're being marked by experts in the field. (Would you like to read them? Might straighten you out a bit).

But see, right there it proves you have no idea what you're talking about, and you're clearly making shit up. I simply statedI ENJOYED Child's Play 2. I never said it was a good film, and I never said Michael Bay is a good filmmaker. Jesus, I've never seen someone before who had SELECTIVE READING.

~Matt

5. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Matt, you're right that I don't listen - when I've heard it all before. What do you think there is to be gained for you to point out the Stupid-Guide-to the obvious, neglecting a lot of points? At least I pay enough attention to know when something is overrated. And when a point of view has been expressed TO DEATH!

Everyone knows I can't make a dent in John Carpenter's precious The Thing. So, don't make it out like I'm some evil terrorist, destroying the reputation of one of the most overrated, allegedly-important and definitive cinematic misfires of all-time. The Thing gets more credit than it deserves. Deadly Friend couldn't get any less. So already, at least there's a reason I'm defending it. But you - on the other hand - talk about someone who can't handle dissenting points of view. You look like you're about to expload (and admittedly, you're not the only one) because someone will passionately defend Deadly Friend.

And what the fuck do you care if I'm pissed that everyone slams Deadly Friend without giving reasons? Again, you act as though I can actually make any change in what people around here assume is "The Status Quo." Maybe you're not going after Michael Bay because - what - you think he gets it too tough?? Is that it? If I'm wrong, go ahead and correct me. The guy's making fucking millions off shitty action movies. And like I said before, you think calling him a "generic" filmmaker is a criticism? Not to mention now you go off DEFENDING him, explaining - you make it sound like you respect him more than horror filmmakers just because he has to make films on a bigger budget.

That's why I'm REALLY tired of you. You're always giving mainstream, big-budget films and filmmakers more leighway than horror filmmakers and films when you "Criticize" them! You don't know what criticism is.

You're an idiot if you need an explanation on how you keep insulting the Friday the 13th films and movie fans. And yeah Maybrick, that bothers me. You want to DEBATE on what I am and am not allowed to be bothered by. Like I fucking care if you think I'm a baby. I'm still talking about movies here. If that's too much for you, go back to high school where you can judge and label people all you want. And where maybe you'll find other people who care about everything you think about them.

Anyway, Matt - You usually don't say it, you imply it. But now you're finally saying it loud and clear - You think your classes make you smarter than me.

6. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

:lol: He's too good of a person to say it directly, but Matt IS smarter than you. WAAYYYYY smarter. He knows it, I know it, and judging from your heightened inferiority complex, even YOU know it. And it doesn't have anything to do with the classes he takes, either. :lol:

7. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

8. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

It's good to see my efforts at playing peacemaker worked so well.

Ah, hell, I'm outta here!

9. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Hey Angelman, you tried, buddy. I appreciate the effort. :D

~Matt

10. maestra

maestra New Member

8.5 the acting just killed it from getting a 10.