Rawhead Rex Artisan/Pioneer DVD Question

Discussion in 'General' started by BrYaN55, Mar 21, 2006.

1. BrYaN55

BrYaN55 Guest

I have bought the Artisan/Pioneer R1 DVD of Rawhead Rex, a childhood classic of mine. I was wondering if someone here have this DVD and if he can help me about the DVD case. Mine is heavier than normal DVD case, i wonder if it's the original case the DVD was sold in. It's maybe pointless to care about the case, but i'm curious to know. Here's a pic.

[​IMG]

I thought at the same time, those who have the DVD can compare to mine to see if they have the real thing.

2. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

Aww... I want that.

3. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

It's legit.
    I have the disc I ordered new from dvdempire back in the day (think I got the last copy they had right when I found it was OOP), and it looks just like that. The case is a bit denser than most amaray cases so it does weigh a bit more, but should be the same size as the rest of your cases.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It looks like the one I have too. I never really thought the case was any heavier than normal ones though. I recall buying it brand new at Hastings for about $11.

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i wish they would re release this on dvd who ever owns the rights anchor bay or lions gate

6. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

:cry: :fire: I was pissed it was full frame so I sold it at ebays for 40 bucks, not knowing it will be worth 100!!!!!!

7. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

This fucker is worth $100?!?
    Might be time to dub and sell, although it is kinda cool having the real disc.
    I can't believe anyone would pay that much for this movie, esp. a FF bare bones disc. It is a sick pleasure of mine so I can kinda see it, but had I missed it you can bet I'd buy the R2 for $5-10 which looks to be the same content, albiet horrible cover for the UK.

8. BrYaN55

BrYaN55 Guest

Yes it's the same size as any others DVD case, it's just a little different but not much. I should have say it's different instead than heavier, my mistake. I'm glad to know it's the original!

And yeah, it's Full screen with absolutly no bonus at all, not even a trailer, just a scene acces. The image quality is a little better than a VHS but not by much.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2006
  9. Shokk

Shokk Lord Of The Thighs

I bid on this probably 20 times over the last 2 years or so on Ebay...and i swear it never went for less than $40.It made me bitter..:lol: For a film that seems to get a lot of bashing..it's always a hot seller.:eek2:

10. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?