Re-Animator Coming To Blu-Ray!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Shawn Francis, Sep 14, 2011.

1. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

Ah, thanks for the info. It's suddenly much less appealing.

2. Stige

Stige Active Member

german book ordered :)

3. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Scream Factory has yet to do any type of special packaging, which is a hindrance to their otherwise stellar rep so far. They should really look into delving into the steelbook/Mediabook/Digibook market since a lot of people are into this sort of thing (myself included). Think of how awesome that new Prince of Darkness Blu would look if it were a steelbook.

4. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Steelbooks yes, but I am so glad Scream Factory does not release digibooks. For the most part, digibooks fucking suck. I like their standard blu ray cases. Even with The Amityville Horror box set. It came with 3 blu ray cases inside a box. Like that's the way to do a box set, none of these books where you slide the discs in and out.

~Matt

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Digibooks wouldn't be so bad if they placed a plastic case in there to pop the disc in and out of. It baffles me that keep discs in cardboard yet try to promote the package as special.

6. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Wow this transfer makes the Image Blu look like a DVD! Hopefully it eventually makes it way here.

7. Dbone

Dbone New Member

Does this German edition have multiple versions of the movie or just the "Integral" one??

8. Funktion

Funktion Member

As it has been previously mentioned, it has 3 versions of the film: the "Unrated" Cut and the "Integral" Cut on separate BDs, in HD, and the Television version in SD, for reference, as a special feature on the second BD.

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I went ahead and ordered one from Amazon DE. It just looks so vastly superior to the US Blu-ray that it's hard to pass up.

DiabolikDVD had it in stock yesterday, but it was actually about $11+ cheaper to just order it through Amazon. Their shipping prices are dirt cheap now to the USA!

10. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Whats the deal with Second Sight? Are they releasing this soon? I'd gladly wait if it is, if not I want that mediabook...that thing looks gorgeous!

11. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

At the beginning of July they advised on Facebook that it was being pushed back to 2014.

12. Stige

Stige Active Member

I saw the same company had society, that looked tempting as well. I assume second sight will have different extras and so forth. Re-Animator wouldn't be a problem with a triple dip, but society would...

13. elDomenechHDG

Diabolik is selling a Re-Animator MediaBook (currently out of stock) - is this the new German restoration or a repackage? I don't want to wait until next year if Second Sight is using the same transfer but I also don't want to pay $42 if it's just a repackage.

14. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

That appears to be the Capelight version elDomenechHDG. Can anyone confirm 100%?

Thanks.

15. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

NO. I love having the new artwork on the slipcover, and reversing the insert for the classic poster art. Best of both worlds! Having some kind of fancy package would mean one or the other (and increase the price of already pricey discs). Scream Factory is doing just fine as is.

16. Funktion

Funktion Member

For those delaying their purchase of the German set, here's what Torsten Kaiser (who works for TLEFilms, the people who worked on the transfer of Re-Animator) just posted on the Blu-Ray.com forums:

«A piece of information was brought to my attention that I thought may also be useful to know for some out here as the original announcement was made in German only.

Capelight has just issued a statement saying that the last remaining contingents of the RE-ANIMATOR Mediabook have been stocked by Amazon and a local retail chain. So whoever is interested in it or especially the INTEGRAL VERSION, which is exclusive to this release and in High Definition on Blu-ray Disc 2, might at least want to check regularly at Amazon for supplies as this (strictly limited) Mediabook is going out of print after those remaining stocks are sold. The INTEGRAL VERSION will not be part of the following-up Amaray 2-Disc "Combo" release version, which will only contain the UNRATED VERSION on Blu-ray and the UNRATED VERSION on a DVD.»

A reminder: the Second Sight BD will only include the Unrated Version. If anyone in here wants this extended "Integral" version, this may be your last chance in a while to get it. This version is presented in HD, also from a 4k scan, on a separate BD.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  17. elDomenechHDG

I ordered a copy of the Mediabook a couple of days ago from Amazon.de along with Society. This will be as definitive as it gets so I'm glad I got in on it before it disappears.

18. Stige

Stige Active Member

Society seemed to be extra free, I assume the second sight version will have some bonus features?

19. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Is there a list anywhere of the special features that are on this German blu-ray?

~Matt

20. Funktion

Funktion Member

You can see a list here:
    http://www.wicked-vision.com/bluray/review/686

I believe everything from the US BD is included, + the additional versions (and the isolated music score).
    A nice touch: the deleted/extended footage was also scanned in 4k. Here's what the deleted scene looks like (NSFW):
    http://www.wicked-vision.com/images_hd/R/ReAnimator_menu13.jpg
    http://www.wicked-vision.com/images_hd/R/ReAnimator_menu15.jpg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013