REC 4: Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Steel76, May 5, 2014.

1. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Either I´m blind as a bat, but I couldn´t find a thread for REC 4 :confused:
    If it already exists, sorry ;)

"Angela Vidal, the young television reporter who entered the building with the fireman, manages to make it out alive. But what the soldiers don't know is that she carries the seed of the strange infection. She is to be taken to a provisional quarantine facility, a high-security installation where she will have to stay in isolation for several days. An old oil tanker, miles off shore and surrounded by water on all sides, has been especially equipped for the quarantine."

New Official Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdjrvwYO9nc

This movie looks fucking awesome!!!
    I LOVE the first two movies, and I´m glad that they continue with Angela´s story again. And even though they shot part 3 as a "normal" movie, I´m surprised that they didn´t go back to found footage style with this one. Though, after seeing the trailer, I´m glad they didn´t :)

Coming out in Spain in october, and I hope the rest of the world doesn´t have to wait until 2015.

[​IMG]

2. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

I'm still looking forward to this despite the third film being a bit of a downgrade. Finger crossed they knock it out the park with the final installment. If any thing, I'm glad to see Angela back. :evil:

3. Franco

Franco Weekender

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  4. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i forgot about part 3...i still need to see that. i liked the first 2, although i wouldn't consider them favorites.

5. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

It's gotten to a point where the only movies worth looking forward to are the foreign ones (if you're in the US, of course). All the good shit is coming from Spain, France and even Mexico. REC4 indeed looks like a kick-ass entry. I'm glad they're dropping the old found footage crap. Rec 3 was OK but I pretend it's not part of the franchise.

6. Steel76

I only saw part 3 once. It was fun, but nowhere near the first two. Though I think I´m gonna give it another watch tonight. I remember that the scene with the bride and the chainsaw was pretty epic :D

7. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

Wow, I hadn't heard anything about this. Looks like something to look forward to.

8. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

I liked the first one but I cannot find the other 2 with and English dub, sure wish there was an English dubbed Blu-ray release for all of them.

9. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

Well, this is great news. It will certainly be much better than the 3rd one with Jaume Balagueró back at the helm. It will also be great to see Manuela Velasco again but why does she look more like Katie Holmes on the poster?

10. Steel76

Watch them in the original spanish instead, English dubbing is raping the movies ;)

11. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

I wish I could but I just cannot, it drives me nuts, and I really hate reading movies.

12. deepred

deepred Member

100% agreed. Especially about modern American horror films. I didn't care for [rec] 3 - found it devoid of everything that made the first [rec] and to a lesser extend the second [rec] so great. This looks more in tone with the first two and I'm excited to see Angela back.

13. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Looking forward to this, enjoyed them all, even part 3, glad they have not gone the found footage route, that's getting a little tiring,

14. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Caught [REC] 4: Apocalypsis on Netflix last night, which was better than part 3 (which absolutely sucked), but still not good. Unfortunatley another case of a series that tries to explain itself and then ruins the mystery, scares and fun. First 2 films are great, so if you haven't seen 3 and 4, I'd recommend not and leave your experience with the first two.

15. Steel76

Yeah, it was a huge disappointment :(
    It was explained what the "zombies" REALLY was, in part two, and I really liked that twist.
    But in part 4, it seems like they totally had forgotten about that, and changed it again...

I agree with just sticking with the first two.