Resident Evil 7 (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Discussion in 'General' started by Steel76, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Couldn't find a thread about the new game, but if one exists, sorry ;)

This new trailer, has a nice homage to the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre :)

For the ones who hasn't heard about this game before, it's basically going to be a reboot of the series, even though it has a "7" in the title.
    Going back to the horror roots, instead of over the top action.
    Still there is not much info about the monsters in the game.
    Could be zombies, mutants....or just good old fashioned inbreeding :D

The original teaser trailer:

Mok and othervoice1 like this.
  2. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I'm into it, but for some reason Xbox players got the shaft on the demo. Not to be too dramatic or a downer, but its kinda tortuous for someone who considers the series one of their faves. So with that in mind, my thinking is this: It comes out January? Very few franchises are considered "day-1 purchases" for me, but, fuck it, I'm gonna wait until Halloween 2017 to bother with this. It will be much cheaper then and all the dlc will have been released. If I gotta stand by while others get to play the demo I might as well stand by when the actual game comes out.

I'm not into getting into a pissing contest about Sony or Microsoft or even Capcom for that matter. I prefer the Xbox controller. Simple as that. I'm sick of the console war bullshit.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    Steel76 likes this.
  3. Steel76

I'm not a fan of this latest console generation. I had both an PS4 and Xbox One, but sold them, and built a HTPC/Gaming PC instead.
    It's connected to my Home Theater and I'm playing the games with an Xbox One controller.
    Got sick of the bullshit that's going on in the console industry, especially now, when they are releasing mid generation upgrades, and all hell are breaking loose :D

PC and Xbox really should have gotten the demo, but I guess Sony threw some extra money at Capcom, to keep it exclusive.

Oh well..

I wonder if any of the main characters from the older games, are coming back, at least for some kind of cameos.

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

It's not that great if your a Sony user either, I went on to download demo, it's only available for playstation plus users, I'm not paying a subscription just for the demo fuck that!

Steel76 likes this.
  5. Drinkinstein

Drinkinstein Member

The ps+ exclusivity ends tomorrow with the update and expansion of the demo...

hots4 and Steel76 like this.
  6. Steel76

Good! I'm gonna borrow my sisters PS4 and give it a try this weekend.

7. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

OT: but is the playstation plus subscription worth it? I've always been curious.

8. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Not in my opinion, no. I purchased my PS4 from Costco and received a second controller and a 1 year subscription. In that entire time, Injustice was the only game I downloaded. IMO unlike the PS3, the catalog of games isn't large enough yet to justify the cost. Much of the free content consists of games not released by major developers. Now that they raised the price, I believe it is less impressive.

As a matter of fact, in that time the only PS3 games I downloaded were L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3. The save file for L.A. Noire became corrupt for some reason. I've been a gamer since the Atari 2600 and never had that issue before. Never again.

Workshed likes this.
  9. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

If you need ps+ to play games online then I'd say its worth it for that reason alone.

10. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Thanks, guys. I tend to play single player games, so this doesn't sound worth it to me.