Resident Evil Deluxe

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Dave, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Revoltor

Revoltor Guest

That's it? An extra ending?

Gimme a fucking break.

2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

A very sad release indeed. The one I have looks good enough. It seems that forgot to put "deluxe" in the "Deluxe edition".

3. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I will be buying the new edition, mainly for the free ticket to RE 2, and the new features. I will sell my old Resident Evil.

4. Noto

Noto Guest

Same thing I will be doing probably.

5. gam3rd00d

gam3rd00d Guest

I have yet to see any version of this film, simply because I thought it was going to follow the exact plot of the first Resident Evil game and it did not, so I decided to pass on it. Now with this new version of the film on its way, I am considering purchasing Resident Evil on DVD. What version would you suggest I purchase?

6. dwatts

dwatts New Member

If you're new, waiting for the new seems the best choice.

7. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

The New Resident Evil will be about $14.99 at Best Buy. I just saw the price yesterday.

8. Basset

Basset Guest

I still did not like this movie too much. Too much CGI goreFX in steads of old fashion makeup. (When there was gore since it was a pretty "friendly" movie IMHO.
    Maybe I need to watch it again.

9. John Gargo

John Gargo Guest

RESIDENT EVIL is the single worst zombie film I've ever seen... the story is ridiculous, there's too much CGI, and Anderson's direction is awful. The film treats the audience like they have ADD, with scenes cutting away without bothering to show us set-up or resolution (characters running away from zombies one second and then sitting around and talking in the next scene with no explanation on how they actually escaped). It's like playing the game and pushing START to skip all the cut scenes to get straight to the action. The trailer for the sequel was pretty laughable (with my friend, a big fan of the original, even admitting how bad it looks) but there's NO WAY it can be worse than the original...

Or can it? :nervous:

10. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i thought resident evil was good but not great but i am hoping that from what i saw of resident evil apaocalypse is that it looked to cartoonish/comic book style visual looke to it

11. BoredSeal

BoredSeal New Member

Damn, why Columbia releases again R version? :( Director of this, Anderson had always so bad luck for censored versions - I heard they cut 15 minutes of gore and violence scenes from Event Horizon and because that was unfortunately Paramount movie, we will hardly ever see unrated version :(

12. SzL

SzL Guest

The alternate ending was pretty lame. Thank god they were able to make the one that eventually was used on the film. This movie was pretty boring for the most part, but it did have its good moments. Funny how Milla holds a big ass gun for all the promos and posters, yet she barely uses one in the first film. :lol:

Is there a place to review the 2nd one? I saw it the other week and all I can say is it's much more entertaining, but there are a few bad points.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2004
  13. CubeOfTheDead

CubeOfTheDead Member

I almost picked this up today. But instead opted for Return to Horror High and C.H.U.D. I feel I made the right choice.

14. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Is the commentary on this edition the same as on the "special edition" that came out before this? I read in another thread that after the special edition, Anderson said he wanted to do another commentary for this film. I want to make sure I get the original commentary, sounds like a hoot.

15. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I'm 99.99% sure it's on both discs. The newer disc also has a second commentary from the effects crew. I haven't watched with commentary in a long time but recall the first being the same on both discs, and yeah, it is a hoot. One of the funnest comms. I think of.

16. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Ok, I'll hunt around and see if I can find it used. Thanks.