Resident Evil Trilogy on BluRay

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Reverenddave, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

The other two Resident Evil movies are going to be released on BluRay this January 2nd. There will also be a trilogy box set.

The $59.98 MSRP is a nice price for the box set. That should be around $40 at Amazon.

2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Excellent news. I already bought RE2 so I'll probably buy the individual releases unless the boxset costs equal to the cost of two.

Someone can have a pretty nice zombie marathon in HD now, with special thanks to Anchor Bay.

Blu-ray
    28 Days Later
    28 Weeks Later
    Day of the Dead (1985)
    Dawn of the Dead (1978)
    Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn
    Resident Evil
    Resident Evil: Apocalypse
    Resident Evil: Extinction

HD-DVD
    Army of Darkness
    Dawn of the Dead (Censored :( )
    Land of the Dead (Unrated :) )
    Shaun of the Dead

3. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

This is all the more reason for me to make the plunge into Blu-ray... HD-dvd are falling behind imho.

4. Noto

Noto Guest

Looks like I'm buying a PlayStation 3 in 2008.

5. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

the only reason i haven't already taken the plunge is the region coding issue :-/ i've thought about buying 2 players.. one locally and one from the US.. but that's too much hassle. i wonder if any of the existing players can be mod chipped to be region free..

my original dvd player was R4 and i had to pay an extra $250 to have it mod chipped to R0

6. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I looked into this recently. At that time NO HD-DVD player nor Blu-Ray player can be modded.

HD-DVD proponents are quick to jump in and sell you on the idea that HD-DVD is in fact region free (as opposed to Blu-Ray). What they don't tell you is that, again at the time of my checking, there's not a single HD-DVD player that can be made region free for SD content - which is essential, imo.

7. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

8. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

^ True, although one can not count on any Blu-ray distributor remaining region free for the long term. As far as I know Warner is the only company to have offically stated that they will not use region coding. But I'm sure region coding will be circumvent, as will BD+ more than likely.

The region coding is slightly different this time round as well. Here's the new division lines: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Blu-ray_regions_with_key.png

It's notable that Japan is now Region 1/A along with America, no longer Region 2 as they were with DVD.