Retro Slashers scoop: The Mutilator Coming To DVD from Code Red!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Dusk, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

:lol:

I took it as she was agreeing with you that it's gay (lame) they would put us through this uncertainty for future releases.

But I don't want to speak for her :)

2. CUBANmix

CUBANmix Guest

yeah,code red is going by way of Media Blasters when it comes to customer service..im glad i downloaded butcher baker,the nesting,and silent scream.i was holding off until i heard anything from code red but sicne they keep slacking so much on updates,i just went ahead and downloaded them.i love you guys but you need to get your shit straight!!!

3. CodeRedDVd

CodeRedDVd Guest

Butcher Baker is held back because Jimmy McNichol told us to stop because he wants to be on disc. If you want, I can put it out barebone and release it in Feb 2009. extra is always the delay and I don't know why I keep doing it.

Nesting had music rights issue and we could not clear it up. Cancel for now.

Silent Scream is on hold for it's being shopped around for a lab to do a HiDef telecine. The rights of this film will never expire so we are doing this film last for we have titles that the rights is going to end soon.

the reason we removed the COMING SOON because every morning I receive 4 or 5 angry email regarding "why isn't it out today". several other labels I talk to told me to remove it because it'll just gets horror fans angry that it's not for sale right now. I took it out and my email shrunk down to one or two a day.

I am a small company that pretty much live day to day on our releases and many of the stuff we put do not breakeven. So it takes awhile for me to put more of my own money to get a release out. you guys claiming I am like Media-Blasters, a company who makes 20 million worth of sales a year with 40 employees. I am currently only one man who handle everything by himself and barely made enough sales to keep my life going. I can't answer all the question and visit websites. I am sorry not to respond, but I got a job 5 days a week and it's not dvd. I do the dvd on the side because it's not paying my bills.

Mattapooh, you said "I just find the lack of communication to be really, really bizarre and off-putting". Look, I don't see other dvd labels come to this board and answer question. They currently have more employees than I do.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2008
  4. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

Actually, my problem was that you put up a vague response in the thread about The Mutilator without actually explaining whether or not you'd still be doing it. Yes, it's great that you come to boards and keep in touch with fans of your company, but you've given no reason why you couldn't type "Sorry, we won't be doing it" or "Yes, it's still coming". I'm not asking for you to drop everything and put that or any other movie out now, but a simple yes or no would suffice.

If anything, you should be flattered that people are so passionate about your company and what you're doing. You could either complain about all the bitching everyone's doing or look at it objectively and realize that we're all just fucking stoked about these flicks coming out. That's not really anything to get all uppity about.

5. CodeRedDVd

CodeRedDVd Guest

I received a death threat from a creep in New York. If I release non-horror film I wouldn't get that. As for THE MUTILATOR, I have a valid contract with Buddy. Buddy doesn't know what happen to his 35mm negatives. so release is on hold.

6. scott71670

scott71670 Active Member

Well I already have old bootlegs and VHS copies of the films being mentioned, so if I need to watch them, they are available. In the meantime, thanks to your label for taking such an interest in these films and rest assured that I will be purchasing them when they come out! What Media Blasters is to Euro horror you guys are to the American stuff, except they have their other imprints to fall back on financially.

7. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I think we can wait for the extras you guys wanna do here for Butcher Baker (Night Warning) :)

Good to know about the Nesting as I will hold on to my VHS.

Nice on Silent Scream - I have a cruddy bootleg, but knowing that it will one day come out professionally makes me happy.

Maybe we should go to Buddy's house for a little scavenger hunt to help him find his negatives. Yeah, we could make a little weekend vacation out it.
    Actually, "We're goin' on a..........FALL BREAK!":glasses:

Thanks for the updates Bill - you guys are doing a great job. I think it's great you check out this board as often as you do. Keep up the good work!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  8. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

YAAAAAH Silent Scream!

....yaaay The Mutilator's still coming for people who like that steaming pile!! :D YAAY!

Nah I'm kidding. That's great news, though. Thanks Bill!

~Matt

9. rhett

rhett Administrator

Bill, thanks for the updates and for all that you do here on the site. I'm always looking forward to your new releases.

Now I have a special request...when THE MUTILATOR finally does arrive, is it too much to ask for a small karaoke extra for "Fall Break"? Hell, I'll design it myself if you'll let me!

10. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

^Agree with rhett. Thanks for the CodeRed updates. It's nice to have somone on the inside willing to share good info with the general public. Keep up the good work.

11. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

:lol:

Excellent idea!

12. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    T'will be great to have McNichol's input on "Butcher...". Will wait patiently for all releases. So far, so good in regards to previous releases! I love DON'T GO IN THE WOODS. :)

13. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

What's on the 2nd disc for The Dead Pit, and where can I get it? Any online stores offering it? I hate store exclusives!

14. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Oh, and I think it's pretty sweet that Bill comes on here and answers our questions, usually pretty quickly as well. You don't see any other companies coming on here and telling us what's going on. Has this site ever tried to set up a chat with Anchor Bay or Dark Sky, ect. Like what Warner does with other DVD sites, would be pretty cool!

But yeah, I will admit that I have yet to purchase a Code Red DVD, but that is about to change. This month I plan on picking up Doom Asylum, Sole Survivor, and The Dead Pit (The 2 disc version if I can find it!). Also, Final Exam, which I'm pretty sure Code Red produced.

15. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

I've seen several copies at every Best Buy I've been to recently. As far as I know, it's only available in store at Best Buy and at BestBuy.Com.

16. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It's all mentioned in the main thread. Basically about 80+ minutes of bonus features including behind-the-scenes footage, SFX footage, a mini-movie, slideshows, etc.

17. rhett

rhett Administrator

Back in the day we did a few chats. I can't even remember now. There was definitely one with the Chiodo Brothers, and I thought there was another with Anchor Bay. Paramount too? I don't know.

The industry has changed a lot in the last couple years though - most companies have PR representatives that handle all the press. Before, you'd be dealing with people inside the company, and often the higher-ups when it came to the smaller labels. Besides Code Red and a few others, it's really hard to get to the horse's mouth these days. We'd love to do more chats though, and it's something we're definitely trying to move towards.

18. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i sure hope nightmare is coming soon from code red in 2009! anyone know any info or updates on this?

19. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Thanks. I just read the review because I'm a lazy bastard.

Wonder if it's USA exclusive then? Don't see any on the Canadian best Buy site. I'll have to check a store around here.

20. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Makes sense, but yeah that would be cool if you guys somehow hooked something up. It's awesome that at least Code Red, or should I say Bill, comes on here and updates us though. Even if not all titles end up coming to fruition, nice to hear what's going on with certain titles and why they are or aren't getting released.