Return to Sleepaway Camp

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Agent Z, Nov 17, 2001.

1. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Well.....I thought it would never happen....but here we go! With shooting to begin next year, and with intentions of dismissing the two sequels (which is a good idea!), Return to Sleepaway Camp is on the horizon! I am not a big fan of sequels and I fear that Return to Sleepaway Camp will only reinforce my stance. While it will be great to see the original cast members again, does anyone really see this as being anything more than just a glorified straight to video hack job? I hate to sound so harsh, but I really don't see where they can take the story after that great ending from SC1. The original Sleepaway Camp was a once in a blue moon, strange and twisted flick with quirky characters that somehow managed to work despite its low budget roots. I hope that Return to Sleepaway Camp proves me wrong and adds something new and unexpected to the Sleepaway Camp legend, but my gut feeling is that it won't.

2. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Yeah, i doubt that Return... will be near as good as the first one.
    But then again, who knows? Maybe it turns out alright.

As for the sequels, i did enjoy part 2. I thought it was a ok slasher and had some decent and funny moments.

However, part 3 i didn't like too much, but i'm still planning on buying Anchor Bay's survival kit, whenever it's available.

3. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

any word on when the survival kit is suppose to come out???

4. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Next year in September or October, i guess.

5. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

September or October??? Damn, I hate to wait that long ...Im sure it will be worth the wait though...

6. Agent Z

Well....maybe some good news after all. The word on the street is that the proposed production for RETURN TO SLEEPAWAY CAMP has been cancelled. There should be more word on this in a few weeks. In the meantime, the "in production" page for RTSC on the IMDB has been taken down.

7. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Damn this is one old ass thread.:lol:

8. I did not even notice the date, until someone asked when the Sleepaway Camp Survival Kit was coming out! :lol:

9. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Same here.

10. Agent Z

Granted, but it's better than starting ANOTHER new RTSC thread....where, before you know it,....there are a dozen threads about the same exact topic. So remember, the "search" will set you free!

11. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Good point.

12. David666

David666 Guest

The footage stuck on that extra disc in the Survival Kit is absolutly terrible. There is not a doubt in my mind why this was cancelled mid-way through principle photography... it was a cheap hack-job-rip-off of I Spit On Your Grave... which has been done a zillion times since. The footage makes Brain Damage's films look like Oscar contenders.

13. Agent Z

Well, the footage on the "bonus" disc was an entirely different project from the just-recently stopped RTSC. Both projects were bad ideas.......hell, SLEEPAWAY CAMP II and III were bad ideas!

14. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Never picked up the disc set for the exact sentiments above, my god! I remember Part II being slightly OK, but I remember nothing but bad from part III. Even Part I I'm hesitant of ever seeing again!

15. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Yeah, but everyone should pick up the survival kit just because it's so damn cool, easily one of the most creative box sets I've ever seen.:D

16. Atmims

Atmims Guest

Sleepaway Camp 1 is great just because of the ending.

Sleepaway Camp 2 is kinda funny at parts and is overall okay. Worth watching only ONCE.

Sleepaway Camp 3 is pretty damn bad and I can't think of anything good to say about it.

Adrian

17. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

highlight of Sleepaway camp 3, the cut gore on the disc, which that doesnt help the main movie none, and that one girl's breasts. That's it.

18. Alan Smithee

Alan Smithee Member

I love all three of these movies, but then again I love bad horror movies in general. I think they are pretty funny (not sure if that is intentional or not) and highly enjoyable.

19. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

The only good thing about these movies was the idea, and the posters! The boxset is a cool creative idea, but the movies all suck IMO.

20. John

John Guest

Usually Part 1 gets some love. I loved it. Watching it on the DVD set shows that the original held up after all of these years.