Return to Sleepaway Camp

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Agent Z, Nov 17, 2001.

1. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Know what sucks? The price on amazon.ca was actually better than the price at DVD Pacific and DDD a few weeks ago. Now they've jacked up the price to over $27. Damn, I knew I should've bought it earlier. :(

2. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Alan is one of the greatest characters ever.

3. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

Alan was both horrible and hysterical all at the same time. This was the most anticipated movie of the year for me. A terrible, but great, film. Where has Hiltzik been all these years? I watched the original first for the upteenth time tonight and then put this in the player. A great time. Here's hoping for a followup sequel.

P.S. - Your ass stinks!

4. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Leaps and Bounds.

5. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I absolutely loved it. Went it hyped and not let down one bit. No surprises in the film, beyond how endlessly entertaining it all is. They don't make films like this anymore, but Hilzik sure does.

I agree that Alan was a great character. I thought there were lots of great supporting bits, too.
    The bunk bed kill is astounding. The kid screaming with the panties on his head is priceless. Angela is a MILF in the post title sequence, which also has a good kill.

6. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

I was in this (i'm the blonde guy) [​IMG].

It's not the best movie and the original will always be the best but as a huge fan of the original I can enjoy this for what it is.

7. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Absolutely not!

8. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Sweet. How was the shooting experience? What's the director like etc.?

9. gore

gore Guest

Ya some more details about the experience would be nice to hear about.

10. rhett

rhett Administrator

You're a...PENIS!

Haha, what a good time. It's like Hiltzik directed this a year after the first film, because the location and more importantly the presentation hasn't changed a bit. This is definitely the most retro experience I've ever had watching a contemporary film...it's like the eighties slasher never died. Alan is indeed a riot to watch - he's sort of like a nerdy Ricky...no matter what the case, he always ends up spazzing out. Why is Isaac Hayes in this? It was great to see a bunch of the returning cast. I knew Ricky and Angela were back, but the New Yawk counselor? Yes! Not quite as jacked as before, but still holding his own on the pectoral front.

There was nothing surprising about the story at all, but since it doesn't weigh itself down in the tragedy of the first film, it's a much lighter and quicker paced film. Hiltzik has the teenage expletive down pat...there is seriously so much toilet humor here it makes the first film look like Balto by comparison. While most of the effect sequences are [normal shot of person] cut away [gory shot of dead person], the effects themselves are pretty solid.

I certainly wasn't expecting much, other than incomprehensibility based on the trailer, and I've come out a huge fan. Definitely worth the wait for Sleepaway fans, and a solid second place in the franchise behind the first. Hopefully another is forthcoming, but at the pace these come at, that'll be 2020.

11. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I don't think I have had enough booze in my life to enjoy this movie.

There were a few scenes and jokes that worked well enough, but for the most part it was just boring and suffered from a real lack of killing. With characters that annoying, you need to let the blood flow frequently and often if you are going to keep me on your team.

This is by far my least favorite of the series.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2008
  12. MrVess

MrVess Guest

Neither Xenu, nor the Tomcat would pay those scientology fees for him.

13. Stige

Stige Active Member

My god that was awful..........

NOT worth the 20 year wait

14. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

Well, I really just wanted to be in this movie somewhere as I have been a huge supporter of the original for years. I drive up in mid-october 2003 (the night before kill bill vol. 1 opened). I got to the camp around 7:00pm, went to wardrobe, got my Manabe shirt and talked to Paul Deangelo and big pussy then sat in the mess hall from 7:30 till midnight when everyone shooting the burning scene (including felissa in full male cop gear) came in for cafeteria style dinner, we had chicken sandwiches and chips then they all headed back out to shoot more while we kept waiting finally at 6AM they called us down to the waterfront to shoot our stuff. there was 3 takes of us 'looking at the body being zipped up' and the kids in their boxers were wrapped in blankets between takes as it was freezing that night. Robert was friendly and i had a geekout moment in my head when he was directing us; when i was 15 back in the early 90's i used to watch sleepaway camp with my buddy EVER DAY. So being directed by robert in my mid twenties who a full circle exerience for me. after my stuff was shot i walked around the camp with Jeff Hayes, who i had known for a couple years from the SC reunion in NY, and we checked out some of the other filming locations like Ronnies shack then i drove back to PA. the end.

15. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

That's pretty sweet!

16. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I've gotta check this one out.

17. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I watched this last night, and liked it way more than I expected. For me it really did feel a lot like the original.

18. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I enjoyed it. I found it to be very much in the same vein as the original, but not as good. It had its flaws but overall I was entertained.

19. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

i keep putting this one off, but I think I am due for a Bad Movie Saturday this weekend.

20. sgtpeppers

sgtpeppers Guest

Wow I can't believe I'm reading so many positive reviews. I absolutely hated this movie.