Return to Sleepaway Camp

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Agent Z, Nov 17, 2001.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Yeah, that's the one I got. Couldn't remember as it's been about four or so months since I bought it. Probably the best bang for the buck DVD I've got in years.

2. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Aghhh... I don't know what to think of this film, and I can't decide whether I hated it or liked it, although as of now I'm leaning on the not so good side.

Not one of the character's was the least bit likeable. Allan, the kid you should feel bad for is just as much of a prick and annoying as the characters tormenting him, so you never feel bad for him in the slightest. What kind of camp is this by the way? Some of the kids were 12 or 13 while some of the others were young adults. I was confused as some of the kids looked like they were the same age as the counsellors watching them. Is it a camp for troubled teens!? The dialog was beyond awful and the story... well there was none.

On the other hand, as awful as the dialog was, it was also quite humorous because of how stupid it was and the kills were pretty good. It was like watching a train wreck, you are just hypnotized by its awfulness and can't look away. I will also admit that where many films have failed this one actually feels like it was shot in the 80s. It easily would fit in with the other three films, although at the bottom of the pile for me, but still impressive to pull that off.

Anyway, I'm in no rush to run out and watch this one again like the first and second film, but I will probably watch it again within the next few years.