Return to Sleepaway Camp

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Agent Z, Nov 17, 2001.

1. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I love all the SC movies. There's nothing better than a series that relies heavily on gore and nudity. How can you ever go wrong?

2. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I feel the same about gore and nudity, but something went horribly wrong with these movies!
    Maybe a Fly got caught in the telecine transfer, or some other wrong-going shit like that!:D

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I love all three of these movies, which is why I bought the boxed set a while ago.

Part 1 is the best, it's just great-- the ending is so shocking!

Part 2 was really good, Pamela Springsteen is soooo funny in both this and 3... this movie has some good death scenes and the humor is intentional, I think.

Part 3 is easily the least of the series, but I still enjoyed it. Once again, Pamela is excellent, she is a riot!

I didn't get a set that had that extra disc, but from what I have heard, that extra footage is horrible, so I'm not so anxious about seeing it.

I DO want to see the new one, though, if it ever comes out!

4. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

5. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    I can't wait! When the hell does this "ass"terpiece come out anyway?

6. Ravenheart

Ravenheart Guest

I can't wait to see this movie.I love this series with the first being my favorite.I'm glad to see that their going back to the roots of the original for it and laying off the comedy that was in the 2nd and 3rd.

7. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

Does anybody know when this movie is coming out? I have asked around and no one seems to know for sure.

8. Because of it's low-budgetness it could be anywhere from ASAP to two to three years down the line before it sees distribution.

9. According to it's official website they've been working on the digital effects (as far as the May 16th update says).

www.sleepawaycampmovies.com

just click on the spot that says 'kids can be so mean' for updates.

10. Agent Z

I kept thinking that this was already posted but, for what it's worth, the plot outline for RTSC from www.sleepawaycampmovies.com:

"It's summer camp as usual at Camp Manabe where the kids torment each other for fun while the underpaid camp staff provide as little supervision as possible. Greedy camp owner Frank (Vincent Pastore) and junior partner Ronnie (Paul DeAngelo) do their best to keep everyone in line, but something sinister is about to put a slash in the roster. When campers and staff mysteriously begin disappearing and turning into gruesome corpses, paranoid Ronnie can't shake the memory of a series of grisly murders that took place at Camp Arawak where he worked 2 decades ago. Has a "ghost" from the past come back to haunt him?
    As the paranoia worsens, Ronnie's list of possible killers starts growing just like the body count. Everyone becomes a suspect from viscious kids to shady members of the camp staff, and even former Camp Arawak camper Ricky (Jonathan Tiersten) who mysteriously works nearby. Who is knocking off these victims and why? Only one thing is for certain, something is carving a bloody new trail at Sleepaway Camp where kids can be so mean and surviving this summer is gonna be a real killer!"

:sleepy:

11. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Sounds like a real cheesefest... I can't wait!

12. CubeOfTheDead

CubeOfTheDead Member

I liked the original SC movie. Since this has the cast and director returning it could be good.

13. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

I'm not interested. I feel the original Sleepaway Camp is mediocre (not terrible, but not good) and since Return to Sleepaway Camp follows the original I feel that it probably won't be too good either. Now, I LOVE Sleepaway Camp 2: Unhappy Campers and Sleepaway Camp 3: Teenage Wasteland. I LOVE Pamela Springsteen. She was incredibly sexy and her portrayal of Angela was superb and a much welcome change over Felissa Rose. Renée Estevez (Molly Nagle from Part 2) also gives a great performance and like Pam Springsteen, she is very beautiful and sexy. With Parts 2 and 3, everything was 100% improved upon. More gore, lots of tits, much better music, much better actresses/actors, much better characters, and some very hilarious comedy. But what impressed me the most was Pamela Springsteen as Angela. Her whole personality and 'attitude' was wonderful, she had some great kills, and she was very beautiful. She really made the films enjoyable for me. God, she was good. The female nudity, which was non-existent in the original, was a major plus. I love the campgrounds and scenery in Parts 2 and 3; IMO much better than the camp presented in the original film. The comedy was wonderful too. Pam really dished it out as Angela. And remember "The Shit Sisters" from Part 2: Unhappy Campers?

"Oh, I'm a happy camper,
    I love to drink and fuck.
    And if you pay me money,
    On my titties you can suck!"

Then you've got Michael J. Pollard and Sandra Dorsey as Herman and Lily Miranda, two of the dumbest (and funniest) camp counselors ever in Part 3: Teenage Wasteland. Herman is an old perv who enjoys frolicking with the young, big-breasted campers while his wife Lily is a fat, lazy pig. Funny shit. The fact that Part 3 gets dumped on so much by so many people both amazes and baffles me. It's a great film.

The thing that really pisses me off is that 'Return' ignores the events of Unhappy Campers and Teenage Wasteland. Robert Hiltzik, the director of the 1983 original, hates the films and decided to make a direct sequel to his 1983 sarcasm<masterpiece>sarcasm.

In short, I've never been a fan of the original 'Sleepaway.' Parts 2 (Unhappy Campers) and 3 (Teenage Wasteland) are what attracted me to this series. Both of them are just so much fun-and very hilarious.

It's a shame Pamela Springsteen isn't acting anymore. She's the only Angela for me.

14. Ravenheart

Ravenheart Guest

I've enjoyed all 3 movies so far but the first is my favorite.What bothered me about 2 and 3 is why all of a sudden did Angela become a female Freddy Kruger popping off smart remarks when she killed someone?I prefered Angela in the first one so I'm glad this one will be more like the first.

15. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

Personally, I am just glad they are keeping the franchise alive!

16. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Same here. I'm hoping for a few more installments after this one.

17. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

While I liked the first movie, I'm very disappointed that they are making Return to Sleepaway Camp seem as if parts 2 and 3 don't exist. I loved the sequels and thought that the humor, great death scenes, random nudity, and quirky characters were all requirements of great slasher films. I will see this movie, and it does have a promising story line, but I can't help feeling that I will be let down. I do hope however, that they keep going with the series and that the plot for the abandoned part 4 will someday be completed. This is my favorite slasher series and put into the right hands, many more good sequels can be made.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2004
  18. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

While I like the sequels, they can't hold a candle to the original, which is easily one of my favorite slasher films. The tone, the characters, the setting, and the quirkiness are all so perfect in the original. Despite liking the sequels, I have no problem with them being disregarded, and look forward to a film similar to the first. Hopefully it'll actually manage to see the light of day.

19. Agent Z

20. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Chef as chef?
    I'll have to at least check it out.