RiffTrax Live: "Manos" The Hands of Fate 8/16/12

Discussion in 'Classic' started by X-human, Apr 15, 2012.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

From Rifftrax's Facebook page:
    When Cinematic Titanic did Santa Claus Conquers the Martians that as a let and when Rifftrax did Plan 9 From Outer Space that was a bit of a let down too. I'll have to see how up to it any of my friends are.

Too bad they won't be utilizing the HD restoration: via Twitter
    Especially since Legend Films will be putting this out on Blu-ray anyways it seems almost a waste to put out competing editions.

2. Spit

Spit Active Member

Does anyone else feel like they are kind of cheating when Rifftrax does a movie that MST3K already did? I've never bothered to watch the rifftrax of a movie I know from mst, are the jokes different?

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

As far as I know this is the first movie Rifftrax is doing that MST3k has already done. Cinematic Titanic only has a MST3k retread for Conquers the Martians.

I watched Titanic's last Christmas and found it to be quite a few steps below the MST3k version. At best the jokes were runners up to the originals. At worst there was just dead silence where MST3k would have some good ones. I found Elvira's few riffs from the year before to be much-much-much better surprisingly. Better film transfer too.

I think the point of doing these retreads is the live experience. Plus they can do the whole length of the movie. Both Martians and Manos were edited down for broadcast.

I'd rather they just keep forging new territory like Santa and the Ice Scream Bunny. I also like when they do stuff like Harry Potter because it's often the only way I'd ever watch a movie like that. :D

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

http://www.fathomevents.com/origina...medium=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=RiffTraxManos

I'm starting to think this might be worth checking out because it's going to be seen because everyone's going to want to know "how could they possibly do Manos again?"

5. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

If it plays here I will go,I've actually enjoyed the three live Rifftrax that I've seen in the theater.

6. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I've seen every Rifftrax Live simulcast so far, and I'm not going to miss this one! Their last one, Jack the Giant-Killer, was utterly hilarious; their best one yet!

I'll be right there!