Rob Zombies Halloween III

Discussion in 'General' started by Bobbywoodhogan, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Here's the poster from the event the person from Halloweenmovies boards was on about

[​IMG]

I also asked him if he asked Mane about it and this was the response he said Mane gave.

2. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Paff for the win.

3. thing

thing Well-Known Member

Lol, true this

4. Bobbywoodhogan

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/368043-malek-akkad-offers-update-halloween-3/

Not much but it's something

5. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

When he says, "we're working on eleven", he isn't saying that it will be a continuation of the RZ opus, is he? I don't need either, but if I had to choose, I'd rather have a complete reboot than Rob Zombie's Halloween III.

6. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton New Member

Hoping this will not continue off Zombie's films. They need to do another reboot or standalone film in the original series. Just make a reference to Michael terrorizing Haddonfield on Halloween and the fact that he hasn't been seen in years. And suddenly he returns again to kill. Something like that, but please no more Zombie movies. I don't want anything else set in the universe he created.

7. indrid13

indrid13 Well-Known Member

If they do another film, they should follow the example of Toho with the Godzilla films. Use the first Halloween and maybe the second as a jumping off point for a new series.

8. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I'd watch a Rob Zombie re-make of Halloween 3, if it was a remake of the Michael-less Halloween III. I don't dislike Rob's films, but Halloween is such a classic boogeyman story whereas his movies are so rough and grind house-y, it just wasn't a match for me (though the 2nd one was a decent watch).

9. Bobbywoodhogan

I only used thus thread as it seemed pointless starting a new one, it doesn't seem likely that Zombie is returning.

At the Q&A Akkad kind of dismissed RZH2, can't remember the exact wording he used but it's clear he wasn't very keen on it.

10. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

The only way they are going to put fans in the seats is if they do a crossover with TCM, etc.

11. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Rob Zombie is trying to get his next film "31" off the ground right now which he's even having to crowd-fund (http://rz-31.com), so I doubt he's attached to H3, even if it is more than just the rumour mill and in "script stage" according to Akkad right now.

12. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

Plot twist: Rob is actually directing a remake of Halloween 3 Season of the Witch. ;)

I actually haven't seen H2 yet despite it being in that new Halloween collection that I recently purchased. I hated his Halloween remake so much that I'm kinda scared to watch it. I gave the first remake 4 watches for me to attempt to enjoy it and I still think it's garbage.

13. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton New Member

If you hated the remake you will LOATHE Part 2. Everything that was bad about the first one is amped up in Part 2. I have seen it twice now and both times found it hard to get through. I'm a "glass is half full" kinda guy when it comes to these movies but even I couldn't find much good in Zombie's Halloween 2.

14. Bobbywoodhogan

Agreed, it's also just a terrible movie. Zombie shouldn't write his own films at all. I hate his H2, at least in his first the remake portion felt like a Halloween movie. Nothing here does at all, Mane's Hobo Myers doesn't give us any of that feel for the character at all.

15. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

If you watched the first one four times, you can certainly give the sequel a shot. Especially if you own it anyways. I like it better than the first. It does its own thing, and it feels like an especially brutal '80s slasher.

16. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

Zombieween 2 is one of the most unappealing and unpleasant films of all-time. It feels about 5 hours long. There are no scares. It's just a further exploration of Zombie's obsession with white trash and ugliness. Aside from a couple good scenes between Brad Dourif and Danielle Harris there are no redeeming qualities. Their characters seem like actual people inhabiting a world of juvenile, grotesque cartoon characters. And don't get me started on the white horse nonsense. Has a worse script ever been produced?

I enjoy campy trash as much as anyone. But there's something very soul-crushing about this film.

17. Dave

Dave Pimp

18. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Well, since Carpenter is producing, I wouldn't mind a Season of the Witch styled sequel, with no Myers at all.
    Go back to the idea, of continuing the series, with a new story set at Halloween, every year.

But, as long as Zombie is not involved, I'll take ANYTHING ;)

And since he made the score for Season of the Witch, I wouldn't mind if he did the score for this one as well.
    It's obvious, that he loves making music again.

Katatonia likes this.
  19. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Going Season of the Witch route would be a mistake just like it was the first time. People go into a Halloween movie expecting Myers. Even if a a very good film without him was made with the Halloween name it'd be criticized for not including him. There's still way too many people who disregard SOTW for that fact and it really isn't a bad film.

It's great to hear Carpenter is returning. We're hopefully a lot closer to getting Myers back on the big screen. Let's hope Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street get on track so we can hopefully get those characters back on the big screen too. F13 has been on and off for way too long now.

Steel76 and Katatonia like this.
  20. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I knocked over s baby stroller rushing in here excited that there was gonna be another Rob Zombie Halloween :p

This news is cool too though. Maybe, just maybe Carpentar was inspired by Ridley Scott taking back Alien?

Zombie Dude likes this.