Robert Englund's Nightmare on Elm Street Reboot Idea

Discussion in 'General' started by ImmortalSlasher, Aug 1, 2018.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Interesting, for me the re-make didn't fail due to a lack of Robert Englund, It failed due to it being a lazy re-hash of the original film, with no real attempt to make something different.

3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I didn't mind the remake so much. That was eight years ago when the news was fresh that England wasn't attached. I have to see it again to see if it holds up.

4. Buechlers_beard

Buechlers_beard Well-Known Member

It's a mess of test screening changes and ADR madness. There's a decent movie in there somewhere though... if they releaed the original version.

5. ImmortalSlasher

I want to watch the remake one more time. I'll probably do it this October. I remember falling asleep during parts it was so boring. No where near as good as the original though. It just has a newer look which I guess some people might like.

6. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I saw it in the theaters and that was one too many times. I've been borderline tempted to revisit a few times throughout the years.....then I remember there is not enough alcohol or drugs on this Earth to make that steaming pile of dog shit tolerable.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah I've seen it 3 or 4 times for some stupid reason and it's honestly the worst. All the actors look like they're from high class society, that real MTV vibe, and they all mostly act with the enthusiasm of a brick wall. Especially the chick that plays Nancy.
    Then you got all the scenes that just mimic the original, only worse. The terrible cgi. The stupid is he or isn't he guilty sub-plot that goes nowhere and feels extremely shoehorned in. They also play the pedophine angle which I've never liked. Freddy was just a child killer in the original.

The whole thing is a horrible mess.

Natas and othervoice1 like this.
  8. ImmortalSlasher

Katie Cassidy is in it for the first half or so. Don't need any alcohol or drugs to watch her.

I think even Rooney Mara said the movie sucked. Which is odd for an actress to say about a movie. I think many thought Katie Cassidy was going to be the Nancy character. From the little I saw of the trailers and knowing her from Supernatural and Arrow, I thought she was going to be the lead actress. I thought the guy who played John Connor in the Terminator TV series and other horror movies would have a larger role as well. I don't think the problem was the cast. I think it was the company behind the remake since all of their remakes are pretty poor movies that I don't have any interest seeing again.

The twist with Freddy near the end of the remake is where I remember waking up during the movie. I was thinking that it was always vague in the originals. When I saw the remake I hadn't seen the originals in years. And I didn't see them uncut. I believe a reviewer here or somewhere mentioned that it wasn't until later movies that Freddy was shown to be truly guilty. But in the original it was a possibility that the parents were wrong for what they did to him. But not in the remake because of the photos or something in that room. I'll see it again soon.

9. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

What she said was more irritating imo.

"You kind of learn to self-sabotage with things you don't want to get," she shared. "Sometimes you don't want to get something, but you do a really good job and you get in anyway. That's kind of [what happened] with 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' - I didn't even really want it. And then I went in [to audition], and I was like, 'F**k. I definitely got that.' "

Mara went on opening up about her feeling post her stint on the 2010 horror movie, saying "I didn't want to act anymore." She added, "I was like, this isn't what I signed up for. If this is what my opportunities are going to be like, then I'm not that interested in acting. So I was very discouraged and disheartened."

Zombie Dude likes this.
  10. ImmortalSlasher

I don't remember that quote. I thought she flat out said the movie was bad. That she couldn't watch it or something to that nature.

I have it saved somewhere so perhaps I'll watch it this weekend. I kind of wanted to watch it during the October month. I was going to start October horror movies early in September or mid September.

11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

It the original it is said he killed children. There was no concept put forth in any of the original franchise films that suggested he may have been wrongly accused. He just got off because the search warrant they had wasn't signed in the right spot.