Robocop (remake) trailer now online

Discussion in 'General' started by rxfiend, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Dave

Dave Pimp

Yeah I agree with you guys. It's different, and that's good. A remake should be different. I enjoyed it.

A sequel? It's at 107 million (37 domestic and 100 foreign). Budget shows $100 million. I suppose it's possible.

2. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

3. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

I have $7.50 movie money from the new Blu, so I'll probably check it out sometime this week.

4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this, so I'll ask here. Does anyone have or know where I can get a cover for the Robocop Prime Directives series? I have them each in their own case and was hoping to put them all into one to save space.

5. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

I watched Robocop today, its not great but its also not that bad, I think had they cast a better lead than Kinnaman. He was wooden before he even became Robocop and he was one if the worst aspects of the film for me. The other thing I felt the film lacked was more of the original score.

What I did like was the remake was it didn't feel like they just remade the original it felt like they actually took the concept and changed it. I loved the Sam Jackson news reports, they took the idea from the original but did it in a different way. All in all I'd say it was decent enough for me to want a sequel.

6. Hork!

Hork! New Member

Doesn't hold a wet fart to the original but I really enjoyed it.

7. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

How does anything hold a wet fart? With paper towels?

[​IMG]

8. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Expected to hate it but found it enjoyable. Helps that it does its own thing instead of being a direct copy of the original.

9. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I finally brought myself to watch this. I put my bias aside as I knew there was no conceivable way, shape or form this movie could even touch the importance and genius of the original.

I tried my hardest not to compare the two throughout, and I must say I did a pretty decent job,..so much, in fact, that before watching I had Verhoeven's film out of mind enough that I was actually looking forward to sitting down after a long day of work and viewing this updated version.

With that said, this movie was exactly how I expected it to be....sterile, void of soul, style and any sense of storytelling. It wasn't necessarily bad...it was just a mediocre and "safe" film geared towards Call of Duty players and superhero-film aficionados. Aside from the slick design of Robocop, everything else was a bore to look at. Buildings were generic, city streets were dull and lifeless....nothing had any sense of style or character...it was just "there" because it had to be.

What really surprised me the most was the amount of talent in this film. All of the A-list actors did a phenomenal job acting. I mean, if Oldman, Keaton, Haley, Jackson, etc are not in this film, I could see myself hating this movie even more, but these guys gave the movie everything they had. Keaton and Oldman's chemistry was easily the best part of the movie for me...anytime those two were on screen together, I found myself enjoying the movie much more. These two need to do another movie together, hopefully involving better and more original subject matter.

So yeah, if it wasn't for the A-list cast, I could see the movie being that much worse. Even with them though, I don't think I'd ever watch the film again...so I am kind of glad I was able to see this one for free.

Anybody else laugh when Robocop would run?...the CG looked so awkwardly bad that it gave me quite the chuckle.

10. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I had an open mind going into this. Turns out I couldn't make it through the first 20 minutes. The god-awful scene with Murphy in the police station arguing with the other officers set to the overly dramatic music just reminded me of any of the terrible TV shows on the air nowadays. I couldn't watch anymore. The acting was embarrassingly bad up to that point, and while I know I was watching a reboot of Robocop, the actors didn't appear to be grasping the feel of the film as in the original two films. I still enjoy the first two, and would watch 3 before watching the reboot again. Disappointing.

11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Whilst I didn't mind it when I saw it at the theatre I definitely have little desire to watch it again. I don't think the action was fun enough and the lack of gore is definitely missed. I think they played it a bit too safe.