Romero's SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD Contest

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Aug 25, 2010.

1. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Congrats guys!

2. JamesBond007

JamesBond007 New Member

What's my favorite Romero film and why.

Dawn Of The Dead. The reason why? It's because this broke one broke the ice with the most effective gore effects (remarkedly developed by Tom Savin i) for its time, like the scene where Wholley blows the head off of an immegrant with a shotgun. I also thought that Dawn is the most character-development of the series where you get to know the four protagonists that, despite acting as rivals or collegues, have bonded to the point that they became friends, My favorite gory scene would have to be the apartment raid scene of course, with Theo the zombie, biting a large chunk off of his girlfriend. Really effective- and creative that is. That's the reason why it's my favorite.

3. mrcafejava

mrcafejava New Member

Dawn of the Dead. The interaction between characters, the fact that it deals with the depression of the zombie apocalypse. How it may be fun in the beginning, to run around killing zombies, fucking around with them, you realize all traces of humanity may be gone.

4. Slackjaw83

Slackjaw83 Lonely St. Tattooer

Just walked out to the mailbox and was greeted by my copy of Survival of the Dead. I think I'm going to spend my day off today checking out the lengthy making-of doc on the 2nd disc. Again, thanks to rhett and the horrordigital crew!