Samurai Princess

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by msw7, Apr 15, 2009.

1. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

TGP was cheesy gore fun and this new one is starting to bridge the gap between cheesy gore and Power Rangers.

3. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

Even TGP was getting close to the on-ramp to that bridge, I think.

Although - it might not have been a bad thing if in the middle of a power rangers episode someone exploded in a shower of blood. It's the kind of thing I guess a parent might have complained about... maybe the show wouldn't have lasted as long...

4. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Just watched this one today and from the start of it expected it to be a cgi-infested gore fest with no real story. I was sort of right. The cgi was there and really badly done but in a kind of fun way anyway. The story was the usual rape/revenge kind of thing.

The thing that really made this one enjoyable to me were the characters. Not terribly deep or anything but quirky and fun and made it a treat to watch. Especially the two mecha hunters and the mad doctor with his two assistants. Oh and Aino Kishi was both adorable at times and hot.

Pretty sure this won't be for many but the goofy gore and the fun characters just worked big time for me.

Loved Tokyo Gore Police too.