Santa Sangre cover art

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Hellbilly, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Rhubarbarian

Rhubarbarian Guest

So.. about Santa Sangre...

2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

In case anyone was curious, I e-mailed Xploited Cinema and Tony said they should have it up for order some time this week, since it gets out Tuesday. It'll be $30, which is a pretty good deal IMO.

3. Rhubarbarian

Rhubarbarian Guest

I purchased it today. Haven't got round to watching it yet, but am seriously looking forward to it!

4. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I just picked this up today from Amazon.uk for about 38 bucks Canadian including shipping. Has anyone recieved a copy yet?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2004
  5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Mine should be here Wednesday, and I'll post back once I watch it.

6. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

I was just going to ask about this movie. I had never heard of it, but read the description at diabolikdvd, and it sounded pretty sweet. I can't wait to read some of your reviews for it.

7. Justin Kerswell

Justin Kerswell New Member

... that cover art was the original cover for the British VHS release of the movie back in the 80's; and, yes, it's by the same guy who did the British EVIL DEAD artwork.

8. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Alright, so you're all going to think I'm not cool or something. However, I have to admit I've simply never heard of this film. Not a whisper. I don't know what to say, reading the comments here, "Is it worth getting" is a redundant question.

9. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I got this today, and it's a good transfer, but there's one thing that is really bugging me. The widescreen bars have a little jagged spot on both the top and bottom where it blinks in and out. This is extremely annoying. I'm really starting to think there's a problem with my player, but did anyone else witness this?

10. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

My DVD doesn't have that problem, but that would really piss me off. Maybe its a bad disc, but then I guess it could be the player too, so... Anyways, the extras on this disc are fantastic! Great SE here!

11. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

how is the actual movie? Is there a review for it anywhere?

12. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Ya I have the JVC XV-SA602SL as I think you do and I get the same thing. This occurs on all my PAL disks. You can remedy this by pressing choice on the remote and then going to the second page of options you will see a selection called progressive mode I believe. It gives you three options Video, Film and Auto. Anyway pick Film and you will find that although if you look close enough there is a little jagged edge at the middle of the top black bar, it's not really noticeable at all and the blinking stops. You may find that you will need to switch it back to auto or video for the extra's as many of them are shot on video, and will leave trails on quick movements if left on film mode.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2004
  13. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I would say grab it. It's easily in my top 25 horror films ever but that's just me.