Satan's Little Helper on BD (TV Edit)

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by rxfiend, Jan 19, 2016.

1. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

This is an odd one. I made a rare appearance at a local Walmart today and seen up front by a cashier, they had a few boxes of budget Blu-rays! I found that a bit odd as I never have seen budget BDs. They were all marked at $3 and had some really dodge-y artwork. Looking through them, it was the typical stuff I always seen in these types of set ups but one caught my interest. It was Satan's Little Helper! Quite shocked to see this and quickly grabbed it up. Looking at the back sleeve, I noticed it said TV Edited version...WTF?!?! Really? All the movies had that listed. Perhaps it was a mistake. Usually these budget titles have such things on their sleeves but when I got home to check it out, the movie started right off the bat with a TV-14 rating box on it's print! Kind of sad to see that it was true. Running time on this disc is 91:58 while the dvd runs at 95:51. The BD is released by the same company that did the DVD, so that's kind of mind boggling. Perhaps they just had a TV HD print? The BD does appear to be HD and not an upconvert. Per my PS3, it appears the video bitrate stays up in the high 20s / low 30Mbps and the audio is 2 channel PCM.

Attached Files:

2. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Doing some more comparison, I noticed a major difference. The end credits on the blu-ray are sped up. The actual movie difference is about 15 seconds, so that's not too bad. The blu-ray does appear to be edited for language as I noticed some word's muted out.

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I like this movie and have the dvd of this film this is a very interesting story I am shocked they used the tv edit with the tv rating even lol I did notice other screen media blu-rays being bd-r's though

4. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

Strange. I bet there's some legal loophole regarding the TV edit that allowed them to release only that version of the movie. Someone should contact Jeff Lieberman and ask if he knows anything about it.

5. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Pretty sure my boy Katatonia is freaking out terrified he won't find this pos. Breaking out in a cold sweat trying to find this turd cause it's rare etc.

6. Funktion

Funktion Member

Sorry for bumping this thread, but this is the only Jeff Lieberman movie I haven't watched, and I would love to get my hands on it, but I live outside of the US.

Is anyone willing to pick up a copy of it, and ship it to me, and obviously I would pay all expenses?

thanks