Satan's Playground DVD

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by ReelFear, Aug 23, 2006.

1. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

Ok, just want to add that I went to DVDBasin.dk to see some DVD reviews of this film, found about 6 or 7 of them and ...

they were all glowingly positive. I couldn't believe my eyes. Did we not see the same movie? I'm not going to say that my opinion is the right one or the best one, but oh my god I thought absolutely nothing in Satan's Playground worked.

But obviously, my opinion is a minority one ... :(

2. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Being originally from NJ and with some notable names in the case, this definitely peaked my interest. I bought it some time ago and watched it maybe half way through and fell asleep. Maybe that says something there?

3. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Active Member

This movie was terrible. That's all I have to add.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I hadn't seen this one since way back when I originally bought the DVD (at least 10 years ago), but I decided to give it a spin tonight. I don't really care for Tomaselli's other films, but for whatever reason I really dig this one. It's incredibly atmospheric and fun. If this had been made in the '70s, it would totally be one of those grindhouse Nightmare USA regional-horror cult classics (definitely has a bit of a Warlock Moon vibe, among others). Instead, it has an incredibly brutal 2.9 on IMDB and everyone has long forgotten it.

Cool movie, especially if you enjoyed movies like Suspended Animation or Malevolence, or if you're looking for a slightly more modern take on the '70s regional horror films. It's been 10 years now, so if you missed it the first time around, check it out.

[​IMG]