SAWful or SAWesome?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Oct 27, 2007.

?

Which is your favorite SAW?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2007.
  1. Saw

37 vote(s)
    71.2%
  2. Saw II

7 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. Saw III

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Saw IV

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Slow

Slow Guest

That was explained in Saw III actually. ;)

2. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Sequals, sequals, sequals when is this franchise going to get old if it hasn't already? haha!

3. Voted for Saw III. I've enjoyed all of them, but haven't felt compelled to watch any of them more than once. Saw III is the one I have the most vivid and enjoyable memories of, including Saw IV which I saw yesterday.

4. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

I've only seen the first two and they were just Saw'll right. Didn't make me interested enough to check out the other two. But if I do see any more, looks like I'll stay away from III.

Out of the two, I liked the first the best.

5. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Saw Saw IV last night, while it wasn't very good, it was definitley way better than Saw III.

6. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

Saw IV was the first in the series that I didn't like. It's more of a cop thriller with gore than a horror movie. The previous two were drifting in that direction, and with the revelation of who the "new" Jigsaw is, I only see that trend continuing, making me much less interested in future sequels. (And to paraphrase Saw II, Oh yes, there will be sequels.)

There are a lot of loose ends in IV: What happened to the SWAT commander's wife? Why attatch the alternate ending w/ obvious sequel hook to the Saw III Director's Cut, and then do nothing with it in IV? Also, for a movie that the viewer is supposed to figure out along with the protagonist, the typical Saw fast-edit jump-cutting is annoying and confusing.

I think it's time to get a new creative team for the franchise and get back to basics. The current director should go work on CSI or something.