Scariest Film You've Ever Seen?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by RyanPC, Oct 12, 2003.

1. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

What is the movie that made you most shiver in your boots? Not every horror movie is scary, but there are quite a few that truly scare people.

The film that scared me the most (and I don't scare too easily) was Pet Sematary. Not too many "jump" scares, but there was a creepy feeling in the film that I just couldn't shake off even days after watching it.

EDIT: I also must mention Suspiria. Last time I watched it (on Halloween night) I watched it in complete darkness with the volume up real loud... that really freaked me out! :nervous:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2003
  2. betterdan

betterdan Guest

A tie between Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Exorcist. I think it is the sounds in the movie that make it so scary. Try watching them at 3 am in complete darkness alone :nervous:

3. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Yep, totally agree with you, betterdan, these films have very unnerving soundtracks. The Exorcist remains for me the ultimate horror film for producing goosebumps. Exorcist III also comes close.

4. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

My first viewing of Halloween when I was young scared the crap outta me.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2003
  5. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Rhett privately messaged me and said he was ashamed to admit it but the scariest film he ever saw was a 78 movie starring Richard Simmons called Disco Sweat. Simmons was raped by a fat dancing gorilla and promptly died in agony. Rhett said he cried for months and could not sleep with the lights out. I hope you aren't mad at me Rhett I just wanted to post this so others could avoid this shocking movie and not go through those night terrors like you did.
    Just to help you feel better here is a banana to feed that fat disco dancing gorrila :banana:

[​IMG] :nervous:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2003
  6. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

The Blair Witch Project hands down. Several films have severely unnerved me, but Blair Witch is the only one to ever scare me shitless.

7. Hammerfan

Hammerfan Guest

I think THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE was the scariest I've seen. The psychological terror it induces has rarely been experienced by me with any other movie.

When I was a child, it was DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE.

8. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

The only movie that i have really been scared of is The Exorcist.

9. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The Shining

These ALWAYS scare me whenever I see them. Every fucking time.

10. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

Texas Chainsaw Massacre. After it was over, and after I unlatched my hands from the armrests, I went upstairs and on the Internet and was shaking that terrible I couldn't type.

11. R. I. P.

R. I. P. New Member

I've said it once, I'll say it again!!! "The Haunting (1963)" gives me more willies than anything else out there. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's not effective. This baby is totally timeless and fantastically scary! :nervous:

My runner-ups are "The Exorcist (Version You've Never Seen)" and "The Woman In Black", which features the creepiest and most frightening ghost ever put to celluloid, IMHO! :nervous:

R. I. P. :glasses:

12. bslayer619

bslayer619 Guest

When it was a kid it was easily A Nightmare On Elm Street but the sequels wanted me to laugh. And now that I'm an adult A Nightmare on Elm Street does still scare me a little. But not as much as the original version of The Shining hands down. I always get the shivers and shakes of the storytelling,the music,and the visuals. Great job Kubrick! Damn I miss him.

13. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I wouldn't say it scares me when I watch it, but THREADS gives me nightmares for weeks strait every time I see it.

14. Numania

Numania Guest

The Exorcist (the new version with all of the footage) is the creepiest piece of cinema ever. Ellen Burstyn is at the lowest point of the movie when her director friend is killed...then the spider crawl!!! Fuck! That movie makes you feel like a Red Sox playoff game..

15. rhett

rhett Administrator

Haha, who are you kidding, DISCO SWEAT rules! :)

THE OMEN was the scariest movie for me, but more because of the conditions I watched it in. Alone at 1 AM in the basement, and then during the "It's all for you Damien!" scene, a friend knocked on my window to see if I was up. I was so freaked I just lay still in bed for hours.

16. Ichi

Ichi Guest

TCM didn't scare me at all (ok, maybe a few frights), but "Rignu" totally ruined me, didn't sleep for days. "Ju-on: The Grudge" was scary as well...

17. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

The Exorcist scared the hell outta me as a kid.

18. Alien Redrum

Alien Redrum New Member

The Blair Witch Project was one that scared the hell out of me.

Also, while more of a thriller, Se7en scared me because that shit could really happen.

19. Dunwich

Dunwich Guest

the ones that scares me as a kid we're the exorcist, texas chainsaw massacre & evil dead. oh and add city of the living dead for the windows scene... it scares the shit outta me by the time ;)

20. H0MOSareGAY

H0MOSareGAY Guest

ummm, I was drunk when I wrote that, I am trying to get all my drunk posts out, so... bye

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2003