Scheolen STEPFATHER Blu-ray Contest

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Sinister Ash

Sinister Ash New Member

Jill's performance in Stepfather was my favorite. Not only was she a cutie, but she played a vulnerable character I cared about.

2. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

I'm definitely on board for Hot Moves, I just got an original poster from ebay to hang up in my home office!

3. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    In a choose or die situation, I'd have to pick Cutting Class for her revealing bathtub scene that made the movie memorable.

4. marcx

marcx New Member

Hate to sound like a broken record but easily Stepfather for me too! Great film! Who knew we'd see Terry O'quinn resurface on a hit TV show????

5. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Phantom of the Opera '89 for me. It isn't the greatest adaptation, but it was quick and gory. Also, a lot less dull than Cutting Class and Popcorn imo.

6. 17thJuggalo

17thJuggalo Active Member

I'm going with Popcorn as well. I had fond memories of it as a kid and I've been waiting awhile for decent release of it. Maybe we'll see it on Blu-ray?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  7. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

Hot Moves, because I haven't seen her in anything else. Whether or not I'm lucky enough to win I do plan on seeing Shout Factory's release of The Stepfather.

8. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I am going to have to go with DC Cab as that is the only movie I have seen her in and it was fun enough. Damn, she has done a lot of movies that I really want to see though, Stepfather, Hot Movies, Popcorn, ect. And I have Phantom of the Opera and When a Stranger Calls Back, just haven't got around to watching them yet. Guess I'll have to give them a spin now. Hopefully I win this as I really want to see Stepfather!

9. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

The Stepfather is the easy choice for me since her and Terry O'Quinn's performances are excellent. Still haven't watched Popcorn though. Might have to stream it from Netflix tonight before I forget.

10. st3b

st3b New Member

I will go with The Stepfather although I liked her in Popcorn too.

11. streetlight

streetlight Member

I've seen most of her horror titles but I'd have to go with Thunder Alley from 1985. To me, it is a fun, interesting movie about a rock band from the midwest struggling for success. The music is amazing also.

12. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

My favorite of her films is THE STEPFATHER.It was a great little sleeper that has aged well and Jill's work in it is quite good.She not only manages to not be upstaged by the terrific work by Terry O'Quinn,she also avoids being cutesy or shrill,traps that too many young actresses fall into in this sort of role.Nice job,great film !

13. Iron Jaiden

Iron Jaiden New Member

I'm going with Popcorn because I saw that one a hundred times when it came out. No idea why but I really like that movie.

Here's a bit of trivia on that. The girl who played the sister in "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" was supposed to play Maggie in Popcorn but was replaced by Jill a couple weeks into filming.

14. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

The Stepfather. A big fave of mine back in the day and also a hot rental! They only had two copies at the video rental place and I remember both were on reserve for 7, 8 days. Ahhh childhood memories. My other favorite Jill flicks would be The Phantom of the Opera followed by Curse II.

15. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Popcorn, as that's the only movie I have seen out of the bunch. Yeah, I still need to see the original Stepfather!

16. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

The Stepfather of course. I enjoyed Scheolen's hiney and boobie shots....oh yeah, decent actress as well.

17. anthony1138

anthony1138 New Member

Popcorn because it's so damn fun and cheesy.

18. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Popcorn was a blast, but Cutting Class was that special movie on TV way back, and a few years back that scary Brad Pitt movie, aka cheesefest 2006.
    Cutting Class wins by a nose, Popcorn and Stepfather close behind.

19. Richard Anthony

Richard Anthony Member

I Love Jill Scheolen!! She is So Cute and One of the Hottest Scream Queens of All Time!! I have so many of her Movies in my Collection, it's a tough call to pick only One Favorite! I would have to say it's a Tie between The Stepfather and The Phantom Of The Opera. She was Wonderful in both Movies, and she gave Two Great Performances!! In The Stepfather, she was the Cute and Vulnerable Heroine and she brought alot to the Movie. In The Phantom Of The Opera, she really Wowed me with her Performance as Christine and she and Robert Englund worked so well Together!! I Love, Love Jill, She is One Of My Favorites of All Time!!

20. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The Stepfather is probably her best, but I've always had a soft spot for Phantom Of The Opera. When I was a kid, I was enthralled with that VHS cover. My older brother had told me that the phantom saws out his own skull plate and wears it as a mask, and the thought of this terrified me. Of course, when I got a little older I eventually rented the movie and found out that none of this was true. But I still loved the movie. Just another fond memory from the days of VHS horror.

I also remember being freaked out by the opening of When A Stranger Calls Back. When that guy came around the corner, arms outstretched... :eek: