Scorpion Releasing Goes Blu-Ray!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Shawn Francis, Jul 20, 2012.

1. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I have to disagree. I receive 100 plus packages a year (mostly through Ebay). Sometimes my discs are sent in a plastic wrap with no padding. Even those typically arrive with no damage, however if something does arrived damaged it certainly is the mail carriers that should be blamed unless you think the packages were damaged before they even shipped.

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It doesn't make sense to blame the post office when it's always the same retailer that has the problems.

3. Paul_s

Paul_s Member

It's possible. Maybe they're not quality controlling their stock thoroughly before sending them out. Not good though.

What about those awful 're-cycle' Blu-ray/dvd cases where half the plastic is missing - paper cover can easily be punctured (easily done with a bubble mailer too - had a few of those from Amazon :( ).

4. 7_RaggedTiger

7_RaggedTiger Member

Regardless of who is right or wrong most of you are sort of right on the spot. I think the inventory needs some dead serious quality control. I have asked diabolik countless times to please use a damn box!!!!! The damn boxes are free yet they keep bubble mailing everything every damn chance they get. While the damage is taking place through the postal service. If they just used some damn boxes this could be resolved hopefuly. I still think all the damage is talking place by the person who picks up the packages. Somebody is kicking the packages around out of laziness which is what is causing the broken cases. The more I think about it the more I realize the packages are NOT being shipped out damaged.

For your info diabolik is aware of the issues but they never learn. They are too busy just trying to chuck out and fill their orders.

5. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

7. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Maybe not intentionally, but could it be that after the envelopes are sealed and the sale finalized they're merely tossing them all roughly into the same box for pickup? Because that could possibly explain the situation. But whatever is happening it sure seems like the damage is taking place locally in Philadelphia before the parcels are split up and shipped nationally, if not directly by Diabolikdvd themselves.

And come to think of it, my Mortuary case was slightly damaged. The locking clip was half severed so I removed it rather than have it snag on something. It was so minor that I didn't think about it afterwards.

8. 7_RaggedTiger

7_RaggedTiger Member

Completely agree about where the damage is taking place. You might very well be onto solving this bizzare recurrence. It could just be diabolik dumping hundreds of orders into a large barrel. Like I said if they just used damn boxes this would be avoidable.

9. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Must be lucky. Never gotten any damaged packages/cases, or loose discs from them.
    And I get them delivered all the way to Sweden.

10. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

11. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

I just ordered both on DVD at DeepDiscount for $11.92 each. I'm interested in both, but couldn't justify that much for an HD upgrade when I know the DVDs will look great.

12. Christy

Christy Member

My House On Sorority Row BR case is badly cracked into peices. Just letting you know whoever cares about this quality control data. Already placed it in a premium double BD case with silver logo. It looks better then the clear case which houses Music DVDs. Not sure why anybody thinks clear Music DVD cases with no BD logo are good. Yeah to who it may concern I bought it through Diabolikdvd.

13. Christy

Christy Member

Forgot to mention this is like the 5th order in a row with cracked cases. I usually don't complain as this is the price you pay for ordering online. Still they do their best to provide us with a good service.

14. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Apparently not good enough for what I've been reading in this thread. I've never ordered from them myself but I'm dar more reluctant to now after hearing so many people receiving damaged goods.

15. gobad2003

gobad2003 Well-Known Member

Man you guys have some bad luck. I've ordered through them many times and never had a problem and they always ship mine in a Priority box with extra padding inside but I always order 2 or more discs if that matters.

16. Scorpion

Scorpion Active Member

17. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yep, I pre-ordered them both earlier this afternoon when they went live. :evil:

18. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Is this the only place they are going to be sold out of?

19. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I believe so.

20. Scorpion

Scorpion Active Member

Yes, but not to worry, we are nowhere near sold out yet.