Scorpion Releasing Goes Blu-Ray!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Shawn Francis, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Given their past response with the Humongous audio problems, I doubt it. But, at least they actually acknowledged the problem this time around.

They seriously need to step up their quality control though...damn! o_O

m@ggot likes this.
  2. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

I was thinking the same thing in regards to "Humongous," (which I never purchased because of the audio issue and still have the dvd)...but, like you said, at least they acknowledged it so hopefully something will happen...I jumped on "The Sect" because of the discounted price...I hope there are no issues with "The Church" or "Opera" as I was also planning on picking up the deluxe editions of those as well. I never got the single disc editions as I was fine with my old dvds and could wait patiently until the collector's editions were released.

Katatonia likes this.
  3. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

Well the 2-disc version is still available to order from Ronin so I guess they didn't get Scorpion's memo

4. Scorpion

Scorpion Active Member

the word is there "might", so we are double checking from our side since we didnt see this issue during the numerous QC process

Zombie Dude likes this.
  5. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

[​IMG][​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/scorpionreleasinginfo/posts/910044572488328

wago70 and satans-sadists like this.
  6. Scorpion

Scorpion Active Member

so far, i have been told by a QC place this morning its a mono track, and it wasnt the best mono track (all Italians had was a optical track, which are prone to be hissy) and it appears many are playing it wrong due to their speaker being set up at 5.1, but let me investigate more on this

chancetx and zbinks like this.
  7. zbinks

https://www.facebook.com/scorpionreleasinginfo/posts/910045385821580

8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Good riddance, numbered slips were a horrible idea to begin with.

Not interested in the Italian titles, but it's a bummer that Sorority Row will have one. Too bad it couldn't have been Opera or The Church instead.

9. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused. People didn't want these numbered? I thought people liked when they are numbered. Not to mention it keeps the company honest when they say limited to 1500 or whatever number. Imho, all limited edition or set amount Blu releases should be numbered.

russweiss, Katatonia and x666x like this.
  10. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

I agree, baggio. Numbering would help keep labels honest and validates their use of the word "limited". Further though, when serious money is being spent on a blu with a slip cover or steelbook, these need to be shipped in a dvd sized box, not a bubble envelope.

At that, people requesting specific numbers and whatnot is a sign that people are getting out of hand. Personally, I support labels saying screw these people, no more numbered slips. I would rather labels spend more time on avoiding botched releases than answering to collectors going too far.

baggio and Katatonia like this.
  11. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yep, for me added value is really only in the quality of the movie itself. I like being able to kick a distributor a few extra bucks and in return get some perks but these discs have to be about the movie. It seems like recently distributors have had a lot of printing problems trying to coordinate these Limited Editions and it really isn't worth the hassle to me. All fluff that's seemingly forgotten once the discs finally land in everyone's greedy little hands only to start rubbing them all over again over the next release's delays.

And yeah numbering helps us to keep them honest, but who are we kidding? Does anyone cross check their numbers with someone else's? Unless I get a cool number like 666, 420, 1 or the last number, I really don't care what the number is. And even then... "Meh." Fact of the matter is that they're being honest because they're lucking to sell as many as they claim to be printing.

Also I wouldn't call 35 bucks "serious money." I know everyone always asks for the sky then wants to pay with dirt, but we're way closer to dirt for dirt here than sky.

chancetx, Katatonia and x666x like this.
  12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I personally would prefer them numbered (and I honestly don't really care whether I get a low or high number), but it's not really a big deal. It kind of makes releases seem a little more special IMO, but the complainers obviously won the day on the issue it sounds like.

Sure it would be cool to get # 666 or something, but in the end they are just damn sequentially printed numbers on a back cover. Is it really going to technically matter if you receive # 006 or # 2497 ? People should just be happy to have one copy.

baggio likes this.
  13. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

True, xhuman. I would rather avoid the temptation of a more limited version or whatever and just focus on the disc itself. As for the cost, for me it's also about the exchange rate and the extra cost of getting a movie across the border into Canada. Far more than $35. And for those in Europe, etc? Must be crazy.

With all these forums, I would say it is reasonable to be able to cross check slipcover numbers to some extent. You would just have to find one occurrence of duplicate numbers. But yes, just give us the movie properly. Not release a movie if they will be continuing to look for better elements. That is a sign that the prep work for the release has not been completed for me.

14. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Wow, I never knew people did that.

Yes. Personally I don't care what number I would get. Just thought it's a nice touch. I like how Indicator does it on some of their film sets. Years ago it seemed like a lot of "limited editions" "Only 3000" etc, were numbered., especially in the dvd era. Or maybe I'm remembering different.

Maybe, they don't number to hide the fact that not many were sold. Like if you see numerous posts with people saying they got number #400 whatever and down. It shows the product didn't move. ;) Of course this could be moot if they shipped out random numbers and not in order of purchase.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Katatonia and chancetx like this.
  15. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

You could be onto something. A few years back when Jeff Lieberman was selling numbered copies of Remote Control direct through his website I bought a copy of the DVD and the Bluray right when they went on sale as online chatter was freaking out about the limited numbers (I think there were only 1,000 copies each.) When I got my order I think the DVD was number 1 and the Bluray number 4 and all the posts I saw online with people posting their numbers were very low. I think he ended up slashing the price not long after they initially were available so I assumed sales weren't great.

baggio likes this.
  16. zbinks

In Scorpion's case, it is moot.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=14886647&postcount=8559

baggio likes this.
  17. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

These people are being ridiculous. I think once again, as with every successive format, we're getting to a point where it's becoming less about the movie and more about the exclusivity. It's making my decision to stop after blu-ray easier.

x666x likes this.
  18. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

19. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

20. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW update:

Just a heads up, limited numbered edition of HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW should be shipping to Ronin from the replicators today. We are sorry for the delay, but there was more than one mistake/issue that the replicators made with the numbered O cards. Without sounding negative, but thank God we are not doing those anymore. Check this and Ronin’s facebook page for when it will go live.

https://www.facebook.com/scorpionre...2455631247222/922455124580606/?type=3&theater

Kim Bruun and Katatonia like this.